Forum: Photography

Subject: An Unexpected Match

PhrankPower opened this issue on Feb 11, 2003 ยท 10 posts

PhrankPower posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:00 PM

Just thought it was interesting here how the natural sunset colors matched all the urban man-made colors at this monster intersection. No post work.

MarcusExe posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:11 PM

Nice shot. Especially considering the fact that there is no post work ;)

randyrives posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:14 PM

Hey think I have been at that Intersection. Can't make out the car tags, but I am saying this is in/near Memphis?

PhrankPower posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:19 PM

Germantown Parkway @ Stage, right at the new (few yesrs) Wolfchase Mall, about a block off I-40. You sir, are correct!!!

JordyArt posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 9:50 AM

I like the added bonus that all of the cars have their brake lights on to match the red traffic lights! Didn't realise you Americans actually stopped at those..... or am I watching too many bad 'Cops N Robbers' documentaries.... (btw, do you over there find the commentators to those progs reaaaaallllyyy cheesy as well, or is it just us Brits?!?lol) (",)

Michelle A. posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 3:26 PM

What I find amazing is how big the road is....4 lanes on both sides! Damn that's big....must remember I live in a little state....even our interstate highways don't have 4 lanes.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

jacoggins posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 4:39 PM

Michelle, it's just that the drivers in Memphis are so bad, they need four lanes so they can hopefully hit one and get where they are going....Hey Phrank, I'm from Nashville and we ain't much better....

PhrankPower posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 6:30 PM

Fact is, drivers in Nashville ARE better than Memphis drivers. Drivers ANYWHERE are better than Memphis drivers. I've been here 10 years, and still can't figure out why. And Mike, those 'Cops N Robbers' documentaries, and ANYTHING out of Hollywood is far from the reality of American life. I believe part of our "image" problem is the entertainment we export to the world. As Monty Python would say, "And now for something completely different". Completely different from reality, that is.

starshuffler posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 5:01 AM

I like this shot a lot, Marshall. I love the transition of color from top to bottom. :-) (*

jacoggins posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 4:55 PM

Phrank, ya need a motion blur going by, 'cause you and I both know that some Tennesse drivers don't have a clue what a red light means!