Forum: Photography

Subject: Could you all try to do poor old Misha a favor???

Misha883 opened this issue on Feb 13, 2003 ยท 10 posts

Misha883 posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 7:11 PM

Over the next couple days, please try to be nice to each other. And after Michelle gets back, please try to be extra nice, and show her how much we all appreciate the dedication she (and Star, of course) are giving us. I honestly do not know if the moderators are compensated in any tangible way for the work they do here, but in any case it cannot be enough. Don't stop the in-depth discussions, but try to be NICE while participating. We are not going to ever solve the question of "What is Art," so discuss it lively, but don't take any of the answers too seriously. Please, no one now apologize while trying to re-explain your point of view. I know it is difficult to argue a point, and have the point dismissed and not taken seriously. But let it drop! We are photographers. We communicate best in images. The words just cause us to stumble. The fact is, regardless of the intent, several folks have been hurt here by words over the last couple days. In my life, there are many folks who daily hurt me with words; I do not need to come here to hear the same thing. Nor do I at all begrudge Michelle needing a vacation from this. I do hope she comes back. There is such wonderful talent here! And we can learn so much, even from those we may dissagree with. At best we will broaden our minds; at worst, we'll at least understand the opposition.