Forum: Photoshop

Subject: 3 layers and a filter

Gini opened this issue on Feb 24, 2003 ยท 8 posts

Gini posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 8:26 AM

This was the senario; I duplicated a layer twice so I had 3. I applied different blend modes and lighting to each of them to get the effect I wanted. Then I decided a trip to the Liguify filter was in order. I did at first merge the 3 layers but they didn't look as I wanted anymore so I un merged them and linked them instead. The liquify filter only affected the one layer I had active. I thought if they were linked it would do all 3 ? Is that what meshes in Liquify are for? I didn't know what to do. I haven't used that filter much before but I think its got great potential. As it was I went back to an earlier snapshot, did my liquify on the origonal layer, then re -did all the duping, blending, lighting etc and it was a real pain. What would have been the sensible way to do this ? Thanking you all in advance for any help.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python