Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Areola too large on V3 male

classic opened this issue on Feb 24, 2003 ยท 7 posts

classic posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:10 PM

I run into this problem whenever I use the V3 male figure. The areola are too large to look normal on a male. I can minimize it a bit by using a negative value in the "AreolaBig" morph, but then I get a weird looking dark ridge around the nipple (see image above).

Has anyone figured out what causes this problem?

boulder posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:14 PM

you could reduce the size of the areola on the texture map

BeatYourSoul posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:22 PM

That seems unusual because the AreolaBig morph should not only be changing the mesh geometry, but dictacting how the texture is applied. So, if the texture fits the default areola and you apply that morph, the texture should adjust to fit. Have you confirmed that the nipples are assigned the correct texture map? If that's in order, then boulder's suggestion, albeit something that shouldn't be necessary, is a good one. Be certain to edit a copy of the texture image and use that in order to retain the original unedited. BYS

classic posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:36 PM

Thanks.

Both the "Nipples" and "SkinTorso" materials zones are pointing at the same body texture map.

I though of editing the body texture map like Boulder suggested, but I'll save that as a last resort. Whenever I see other artists renderings using this same texture map and model, the areola size is fine. The fault must be in my settings, not the map.

martindj posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 8:41 PM

You may find the following thread helpful. Do a search on "areola" and look at "V3 male texture nipples" dated 1/23/03. (Sorry I don't know how to post direct links.)

BeatYourSoul posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 9:33 PM

Just copy the URL link from IE's Address text box (if you're using IE) and paste the URL into the URL: text entry box below: | | | / :) BYS

classic posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 3:58 AM

I believe I have found the post Martindj was referring to:

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1067218

Sadly, still no cigar. The fix suggested only seems to work for the "Brad" Texture/MAT pack texture mentioned in the post. Same problem though.

I'm guessing the answer has something to do with the V3 material zones. If anyone understands how that fix worked, please let me know.