Forum: Photography

Subject: Movie poster, VIP.

Antoonio opened this issue on Feb 25, 2003 ยท 9 posts

Antoonio posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 3:57 AM

I'm doing poster for small independent movie group. Movie is called "Scott and sootpoy", telling a story about abused young girl and her imaginary friends. So, how am I doing? ...not sure is this just a sketch, or nearly finnished poster, but what do you guys think? .n

Rork1973 posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 4:47 AM

The combination of the lower and upper part looks very good.....most movie posters are made in dark colors, which I never understood in the first place. So I'm sure this one will be noticed when you put it on a wall with others =) One thing. Doesn't the shadow under the main title have to be a solid color, instead of blurred ? Also, I have a few fonts here that are specially made for those narrow movie credits, in case you need any. :) Anyway, looking good! Great job =) PS Is that Finish ?

Antoonio posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 4:59 AM

..dunno about the shadow, I will try solid too. Fonts are from client, they wanted to use these... And I assume they don't want to put up credits. At least they didn't tell me to arrange space for it. Thanks anyway. "Ihmiskunnan viimeinen toivo esitt" is Finnish and translates as Last hope of humankind presents. Or what did you mean? .n

PunkClown posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 5:12 AM

Looks nice Niko...the figure under the "a" in nokipoika distracts me a little however... :-)>

Antoonio posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:30 AM

Punkie, that's the real problem. That figure is supposed to be in image, but dunno where to put it. Tried to place it standing in the middle, but it stole whole attention. Tried to put it in the sky, but it looked ridiculous. .n

ficticious posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 8:12 AM

I just really need to see it with all the titles, actor names, and movie credits to decide for sure personally.

MarcusExe posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 11:26 AM

The manifesto looks great and gets much attention... I don't like the courier font there...

bsteph2069 posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 3:32 PM

Whar about in the grass Antoonio. But it look beautiful. I have no idea what it's about. However it looks sentimental...You 'ol softie!! =:-) Bsteph

JordyArt posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 2:09 PM

The little figure under the 'a' seems to go there nicely, imo. Looking at it my eye seems to follow around the picture well, and then settles on that figure - s'good. Nice work Niko. Damn, you must be getting famous or summik! (",)