Sat, Oct 5, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Open Beta Test for Buffy V3

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 1:49 AM

The reason Spike gets errors is due to the discrepancy between the Updated Male Pak full installer and the Original Male Pak full installer. For some reason, the files mine asks for have been changed. To correct this, you'll need to edit text a wee bit. Go to the directory where my pose file is finding the mistakes. Take a good look at what my file is asking for versus what is in your directory. You will see what needs to be done within the Pz2. Simply change the calls to what you've got...should be only four or five lines to change which you can do with a simple cut and paste over the wrong portion with the right. I would use Cr2Editor to do this, but have a party with whatever you like. That should take care of Spike issues for those with differing files. I'm sorry it has to be so complicated, but hey, it's free. Now, about Buffy...

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:26 AM

file_48698.jpg

Okay, the release of the original RogueElement/WTB Buffy for V3 is squashed. Forget about it. Too many friggin' problems. I have decided it would be easier to redo Buffy from scratch with no BS, straight-up Pose file no need for encodes. I have been going at it for about 2 hours now, and things are looking good. Down to tiny tweaks here and there, adding the typical WTB attention to Detail you folks have come to expect. I'm afraid this leaves Rogue out of the loop, but the bigger picture is folks want Buffy and they will have her. Fact of the matter is, BuffyV3Mach2TheNextGeneration is shaping up to be even Buffier than what we had going before. (With all due respect to previous effort) If Poser chugs along and doesn't tank on this render, I'll be tossing up a preview (Good lord, it's still rendering after a billion renders with complex global lights and V3 and a million magnets...) One more..moving eyes farther away from each other...Please Render again...amazing! Here we go.

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:28 AM

Then your efforts to test the original were not in vain. It was your frustrations that inspired me to try again. Thank you all, very much! -WTB

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:28 AM

file_48699.jpg

Hmmm, this is frustrating. As you can see, the V3 on the left is outstanding, with my Texture map. The V3 on the right is the same MT but with standard maps applied. All of the sudden, looks like ass. What to do? I guess clean up the texmap and pack it, was going to NOT pack the Texmap this time. -WTB

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:40 AM

Oh, you have to pack the Texmap...it's 50% of what makes her look like Buffy!

rain ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 11:58 AM

Thanks for all your hard work, WTB :-) You're doing an amazing job!

RogueElement ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:42 PM

file_48700.jpg

I think youv'e made the right decision, and your welcome to the face pose and magnets from my original version if you think they might be of use. Good luck!

RogueElement ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:43 PM

Oh, and I agree with dizzy, tex maps go along way to define a character.

rain ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:46 PM

Very nice work, RogueElement :-)

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 10:14 PM

Amazing renders Rogue! William, Glad to see your Spirits are still about! I know the feeling. I'll try to work on my own version for a face texture this weekend. I'll email it when i'm done. Got to try that Graphic tablet anyway. :-) I'll be watching this Saga unfold with great interest! Later! Marco

who3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 5:11 AM

Rogue might you make your files avaialble publically too? Wifey was most impressed with msg 46 (were you working on an earlier, younger version of SMG than WTB? cos Wiliam's looks more like the current young lady to us, here). Darned good work the both of you Cheers, Cliff Bowman

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2003 at 2:10 AM

Wow, such talent!!

RogueElement ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2003 at 3:37 PM

Thanks! To Who3d, msg 46 is an early test render of the now defunct .obj morph, which was made from the morphs by me and WTB were working on independantly and then decided to combine. The render in msg 48 was my original morph. She does look younger, and I was going for a more stylised look in my morph and referenced from illustrated versions of Buffy as well as photographs. WTB's morph was far more life like.

who3d ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 5:20 AM

Pity - we both here (wifey and I) very much like the render in #46 :) Such is life! Cheers, Cliff Bowman

RogueElement ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 5:33 AM

Sorry, that should read msg 58, not 48!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.