Forum: Photography

Subject: Photo Clubs and Associations

Wolfsnap opened this issue on Mar 05, 2003 ยท 14 posts

Wolfsnap posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:20 AM

Just thought it may be interesting to possibly compile a directory of photo clubs and associations available to members here, based on location. (For example, in my location, around Greensboro / Winston-Salem, NC, the is the Associated Photographers Guild, on Cherry Street, Winston-Salem). I am poorly prepared for this post (as I don't have addresses and phone numbers) - but, pending interest, I will be more than happy to compile a complete listing of clubs and associations here in North Carolina. (BTW - anyone here from the Southeastern US?)

JordyArt posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 10:49 AM

Great Idea in principle Wolfie, but in practice? piffle.... it'd be easier to organise a trip to the beach on a desert island. Oh, actually, THAT would be easy to arrange, wouldn't it? BTW, that reminds me, we were gonna do a proper map of where people where, gawd, ages ago!! We've had a change around of regulars since then, how about we try again for a laugh? (",)

starshuffler posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 11:18 AM

Actually, there is a part in the links section of the RC for photo clubs and organizations. Now if people can find those links... (*

randyrives posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 4:24 PM

I live in Mississippi and we have a Camera Club here in Meridian. I have never attended a meeting. They meet on the 1st Monday Night of the month. Monday is my bowling night :)

firestorm posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 4:36 PM

don't go to a club or know of one in my area but i'm prepared to do the map thing.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

MarcusExe posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 9:00 AM

I just realized the site of the club where I subscribed... so I find the opportunity to show you my work ;) http://www.nablasoft.com/amigoscs/index.html That's not the definitive address... soon it will move to its own domain name.

bsteph2069 posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:22 PM

Just a suggestion but why don't we start with reposting the last map. Bsteph

JordyArt posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:22 AM

hmmmmmmm...... might have something to do with the fact that the last map ended up being about 7 maps, all with funny faces and comments on....... I think we should actually do a map for each continent, coz a world one was too small. Anyone got a decent map?!? (",)

MarcusExe posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:57 AM

I have got a decent map.

Wolfsnap posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 12:33 PM

If you want, I could do a vector-based global map in Flash that can be zoomed in without loss of resoution - we could eben let everyone put in a line or two of description.

MarcusExe posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 1:08 PM

Going to become a big project! lol

MarcusExe posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 1:08 PM

Going to become a big project! lol

JordyArt posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 2:17 PM

Wolfie, now you're just being a show off....... (".) I didn't say no, though, did you notice that?

Wolfsnap posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 3:08 PM

LOL@Jordy