Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3/V2 hybrid in Freestuff - Wow!!

fauve opened this issue on Mar 06, 2003 ยท 19 posts

fauve posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 5:52 AM

This is amazing. Viomar and Netherworks, you are my HEROES. It must have taken a hellish amount of work to put this figure together and get it set up, but the results are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!

Kalypso posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:57 AM Site Admin

I'll second that! This was one of the best downloads for some time and probably the most useful. Thank you for your efforts and for sharing! Just wondering though, how would I go about remapping the head only to take Vicki 3 maps - I really want to use those Starlet maps :)

FrankJann posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 9:03 AM

No need to remap the head. Just get Dark Whispers V2-V3 Texture Converter. It will convert the V3 head maps to the V2 version for you. Frank

Terry Mitchell posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:51 PM

I followed all the instructions in the readme, but the dials for the head morps on the final V3 Hybrid don't do anything. The transferred body morphs work fine, but not the head morphs, which is strange since they were among the ones you don't have to transfer. Where might have I screwed up?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

fauve posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:37 PM

Terry: Have you injected the V3 morphs into the figure's head? You don't transfer the head morphs, but you do have to inject them. (According to the readme, it's pretty important to select just the head, then inject the morphs. Otherwise the rest of the figure gets messed up.)

gstorme: The name of the item (V3/V2 Hybrid) and its location (Freestuff) were right there in my post's title in big, bold words. If you're not smart enough to figure out where to find it from that information, chances are you won't be smart enough to figure out how to use it once you get it. There, was that enough "to-the-point" for you?

Ghostofmacbeth posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:50 PM

Sounds like a cool thing but I can't use it (Requires the encoder thing)

dialyn posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:53 PM

I'm going to be sorry I asked, but since I don't have the encoder thing, I'll probably not find out for myself...what is the difference bwetween the V3/V2 hybrid, and the V3 with the V2 body that comes with Vicky3??? Just curious.....I know that's probably a dumb question but I have to ask at least 6 a day and I am only on #4.

fauve posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:01 PM

Dialyn: Not a dumb question at all. The difference is that the hybrid can use all of the Vicki 1/2 body morphs, and the DAZ V3-to-V2 figure can't.

Netherworks posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:24 PM

You're welcome! Glad to share. Kudos to Crescent too for hosting so that we could put it in Freestuff. :) fauve, Viomar modeled the joining upper neck and set up the cr2. I can't speak for him, but I've done other hybrid figures and its not too hellish. ;) Actually, there wasn't much joint reworking or any of that (none on my end anyways). Some of it actually fell into place. Kalypso, yeah we really wanted to do the V3 mapping. However, it would have been an extreme amount of work to redo the V2 body - neither of use have any really high-end mapping tools. Trying to completely simulate DAZ mapping is a hellish effort (nods to fauve), just ask AprilYSH. Also we could have kept the V3 head mapping, but then matching different head textures to different body textures is problematic. DW's Texture Converter may be an alternate solution for you, as Frank said. Terry, unfortunately the dials don't stay hidden all the time concerning the Injection Technology. I'm sure DAZ did the best they could with PoserHacking to do it. It sounds like you're seeing "ghosts" of all the dials. You'll still have to inject the head morphs seperately (as fauve said). You may want to try using the DAZ dial utility to hide the naked dials. It does back up your original character (pretty sure).

dialyn posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:25 PM

fauve....thank you!

otaku posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 5:01 PM

are there any mac solutions to decoding RTE files without having to invest in virtual PC?

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:15 PM

You'd have to ask Russell Cook. His username here is rcook, but you can also reach him at PoserPros, where he goes by the handle of Russell. Back in July, he said that a Mac OS9 version of RTEncoder was in development.

nickedshield posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:51 PM

I just wanted to see if it would do everything Neth said it should. A V3 face I cooked up and transfered, Textures=Luna2 Isop's Maid for V2.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Terry Mitchell posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 7:57 PM

Fauve and Netherworks, what I did was do all of the readme's morphy conversion stuff in creating the new V3 Hybrid, then opened 'er up in P5 and tried injecting just the V3 Head Morphs, but I can't get any of them to work. One of the problems MAY be that I no longer have the virgin version of the V2 CR2 to work with because I long ago added morphs to it and saved it as my "original" version of the V2 CR2 (but I don't recall having added any additional new morphs to her pristine little V2 head before initially saving her, and I don't know what difference this would make anyway because I obviously don't know much about all this stuff). ARRRGH! Sigh...

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

OpticalSingenoid posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 11:46 PM

Nice one NickedShield!! Thanks, NW for quickly answering questions! I'm doing lots of OT at work. You are right! It was "Easy as Pie" to Join the 2 meshes. But, i'm quite at ease with "polygon" editing. Otaku, well, there's always the option of buying a "Dirt Cheap" PC... You can get 1 ghz ones for 100$ on the net. I wish i had the time to program a utility myself for the Mac. And don't ask me about Judy/Vicky Hybrids... Don't have, won't get P5. :-( Terry, ??? Ok! Maybe you misunderstood. I did specify in the readme(HTML file in ZIP). that you can transfer any MTs from your V1/2 characters with MManager or CR2Editor. Except for these BodyParts: upperNeck & Head! Since the upperNeck is where i did the "Sewing", it's "Vertex Count" is different. Therefore cannot take previous MTs. But NetherWorks did a Splendid job of making custom ones to replace the important ones for the upperNeck. Now, for the head: It's V3's head! Therefore, you need to apply MTs to it by first "Injecting" them as you did with regular V3. But, Remember not to "Inject" any V3 "BodyMoprhs" to the rest of her... Hope this helps you, Terry! Dialyn, there no such thing as a "Bad Question"!! Only "Bad Answers"(Like mine for example!) :-) Kalypso, Yes i did spend a whole night trying to remap V2's Body to take V3 Maps... Alas, my skills in that regard are limited. If someone feels up to the challenge, Please! :-) Fauve, you're Welcomed! We were at the "right place & time". I'll be in NY next week to take autographs... ;-) Joking aside, i really had Fun with this project! But most important, i discovered a great Person & TeamMate, Sir NetherWorks! Dolce Sogno! Marco

leeroy5 posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 6:08 AM

yes it is a great work for all. i make my owen with travlers special-real-woman-victoria sfg

Terry Mitchell posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 6:29 AM

Yep, that's exactly what I did - separately inject the V3 head morphs. Guess I'll try it all again but with my out-of-the-box version of V2 (if I can ever find it) instead of the one that I had modified previous to trying to make a V3-Hybrid.

leeroy5 posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:07 AM

is there a chance too find a free uvs from jaggers millie she is the best one for vicky i think?

StolenHeart20 posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 12:51 PM

i wonder is a V3/V2 Stephaine texture converstion will be made.