Forum: Vue

Subject: Rendercow.....

Dale B opened this issue on Mar 12, 2003 ยท 13 posts

Dale B posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 12:11 AM

Hopefully someone can give me a tip on this. I got my other box set up and running (athlon 700, 256megs PC-133, 20 gig HDD, a fossil of a 4 meg Trident AGP card, and a cheapy CompUSA 10/100 NIC under Win2k Pro SP-2). Rendercow boots with the box, and finds itself and my main machine in its workgroup settings. When I activate the HyperVue option on my main machine, the only computer on the network it finds is itself, and it throws a trojan error at itself (no other computers show up in the main unit network neighborhood) (the network consists of a Netgear RT314 gateway router with an integrated 4 way switch built in, and the old K7-700 is on a seperate switch so I can add other units without having to mess with the router). The main box is an XP-1700 with a gig of DDR, Linksys NIC, the same Win2k install, Vue-Mover (obviously), and Norton Internet Security 2003 (checked that, and set Vue for unrestricted access. No dice). Is there something very simple I might have missed, as it's rather late, or is it time for the baseball bat?