Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Nasty trick to do software-thieves.

xvcoffee opened this issue on Mar 17, 2003 ยท 14 posts

xvcoffee posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 5:11 AM

I will be running P4 on someone elses network that none of my computers are connected to. Since it is the full working version of p4 there is a serious potential problem with all the net-head know-alls who are also on the network. We all know them, their forever - Boasting about their immense (real or imagined) computer knowledge. - jamming the fer with their on-line games. - downloading heaps of Mp3s and game cracks. One had the last Star-Wars film on CD before it was even in the US cinemas. - slagging off at Macs and generally just being a pest. HERE IS THE SOLUTION (to the p4 problem) - Copy the p4 folder, minus the unused stuff (such as the Nude Male, Yettch!) to a USB FLASH DRIVE If you see the little green LED going off when it shouldnt be then just PULL THE PLUG. That way they only get an incomplete version of the incomplete software. By NOT TELLING THEM its on the little fer hammering away at USB1.1 speed they may not get the stuff within the time they think they will get it if it were on a hard disk. It makes sense. Since I hardly use anything except Peridot (Thornworks June 2000) I have reduced the Runtime folder to about 60Mb. How many of us could save a lot of HD space if we were to purge our Runtime folders of stupid stuff we havent used for years and never will again. Ps this applies only to my USB drive version, the original is unharmed.