Forum: Carrara

Subject: Problem with rendering lighting

elfstone opened this issue on Mar 17, 2003 ยท 5 posts

elfstone posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 10:17 AM

I am trying to create a propasal for some additions to an existing sculpture to some people for approval. I have adequately if not elegantly, modeled, positioned and textured the sculpture, proposed additions, and room it resides in. I have placed four tube lights and a spot light and repositioned the default distance light to mimic light through a window. When I render I'm getting a kind of negative lighting effect that I can't get rid of. The shadows are lighter than the lighted areas; turning up the ambient lighting makes the scene darker. Also, things with metallic procedural shaders turn black when rendered if I designate them as 'shadow catchers' which I assume means that shadows should fall on them (the term is not defined in the manual as far as I can see). I have applied a texture map to some parts ot the sculpture but also want them th appear metallic--shiny. No matter what I do with the shader tree settings for Highlight, etc. they appear dull with grayed out color as compared to the jpeg texture image. This part of the project seems very near to being finished but these lighting problems have to be solved to make it useable.

Is there a way to get a print out to scale on indiviual models?