Forum: Community Center

Subject: Two suggestions for improvement of galleries viewing

Orio opened this issue on Mar 18, 2003 ยท 13 posts

Orio posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 6:00 PM

I post this here after a former post in the Poser forum, because I think this is the right place: I would have two suggestions for improvement of the galleries manageability for the viewers: 1. Put a rule that thumbnail must represent the picture in full and not only in part. I know, it is fun and creative to cut thumbnails, I do that too. But a whole picture thumbnail is much more useful to users that browse a big gallery, it lets you understand immediately if you may be interested in a picture or not. It would speed up browsing and make the flood of images posted much more manageable 2. Create a "Premium" art gallery where members are allowed to post not more than 1 or 2 images per week. Preferably 1, I would say. This Premium gallery will act as a "showcase" where the best of each artist is represented. This way, it'll be much easier to know new artists and their work, and then maybe be able to add them to favorites and track them. Finally I would suggest to power up the favorite artist function, by making it private, so one does not have to clutter his own Rosity homepage with a long list.