Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Dreamy Feel?

adam opened this issue on May 22, 2000 ยท 10 posts

adam posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 4:50 PM

Does anybody know how to make an image look like a dream? A way to make the image look like it's glowing and hazy? Thanx in advance, Adam

Traveler posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:22 PM

Here is one way to do it: -Copy the background layer with the image on it. -On the top layer, apply a gausian blur, adjust the settings to give you a nice blurry look that you like. -Change this to a Screen blend mode. -Merge the layers down -Make a copy of the background again -Change this to multiply blend mode -Merge the layer down. (This last part brings the original brightness, contrast, colors , etc back after the screen blend) -Trav

adam posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:41 PM

Thank you SO much Trav!! It worked out perfectly!

Traveler posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:44 PM

Cool :) You can also add some extra layers in there and apply like the ripple filters or other of the same type. Just remember to keep the screen/multiply balance or your colors will get all messed up.

adam posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 11:33 PM

Awesome, thanks.

Delrino posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:15 AM

hey friends, whats this "screen blend" and "multiple blend"? can you describe how to choose it from the menus, because i have a german version of PS thanx in advance, Karsten

Spanfarkle posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 7:20 AM

Check on your layers palette when you have multiple layers. Spanfarkle<;)>

Delrino posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 7:24 AM

will do it! thanx spanfarkle.. btw..spanfarkle...is it a little pig with an apple in the mouth? :o) thats what we german call "Spanferkel"?

adam posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 9:21 AM

Go to "layer options" by clicking the little arrow in the upper right corner of the layers pallete. Make sure you selected a different layer other than the background, otherwise it will be disabled. Then change the mode to "screen" or "multiply". I don't know if it is different for the German version or not, but that's how I do it. =) . Adam

Delrino posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 12:09 AM

thanx for explaining Adam, i guess i will find it this way though everything is labeled in german :o) Seeya, Karsten