Forum: Photography

Subject: Not qualified for the April challenge

Quinn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2003 ยท 7 posts

Quinn posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 7:35 AM

The above image was taken in January, so doesnt qualify, that and you folks are much better at this than I am. But looking at yalls images this morning got me to thinking about this pict. The guy is Steve Mandel song writer, backup vocals, manager, lead guitarist and producer, for the band SixWire.

I should have looked at this challenge a little earlier, I would have tried to get some good images. This is what I was talking about when I said I have been spending most of my photography time in smoke filled bars, and is one of some 1, 300 unique images I have on one of my web sites. I dont want to plug my site, but if you do a google search for Sixwire Images, my site is the fifth one that comes up:-)

Quinn

Michelle A. posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 7:57 AM

Oh wow! What a great shot Quinn!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 8:43 AM

Yes, very nice.

zhounder posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:03 AM

OK I have to start moving faster. This is another image idea I had for the challenge. grrrrr... Motivation. I must get motivation so you guys stop out shooting me! This is a great shot Quinn. Reminds me of Eric Clapton a bit. Jammin'!! Magick Michael

azy posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 4:23 PM

why you think this does not qualify? as I can hear the note Steve Mandel is playing just by looking at his face (oh and he is bending the string, thats the face us guitar players make when bending guitar strings) lol

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

starshuffler posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 2:53 PM

Sweet image, Quinn! @ azy - this doesn't qualify because this was taken in January. Challenge entries must be done within the current month. (*

azy posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 12:54 PM

doh I must remember, not to drink and post :o)

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!