Forum: Bryce

Subject: Anyone know what the heck these are???

TwistedMindDesigns opened this issue on Apr 19, 2003 ยท 19 posts

TwistedMindDesigns posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 2:50 AM

I just got Bryce 5 about 6 months ago and as some of you know I have been making models from terrain and texture maps. While building my models I have been saving parts as objects in my "create" preset within bryce then put the peices together. As I progress I would accumulate quite a bit of objects, so after assembling the finished peice I would delete the parts.... Well this caused Bryce to crash multiple times, then whenever I went to the create object section the program would freeze. I have re- installed the program 4 times already, which would be a temp. fix... I was working with bryce today and to my SURPRISE!!! I got a "Error, Your disk is full" prompt... Now this may not sound unusual, but I have multiple drives and about 400 gigs of space.... After searching around I found that the program has been dumping *.tmp files into my object folder... (see attached pict.) This was just after re-installing for the 4th time and the folder already accumulated 3 gigs of temp files! Question? Anyone know what these are and if I delete them will I have problems with my saved projects and objects?? Sorry it took so long to get to the point... Thanks in advance for your help! TMD

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice