Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How does the hand grasp work?

PhilC opened this issue on May 30, 2000 ยท 8 posts

PhilC posted Tue, 30 May 2000 at 7:46 PM

How do the hands work? The grasp hand spread dial alter the joints of the fingers so its not a simple morph of the hand. The user guide indicates that "Only morph targets channels combine into a full body morph...." Deformers, scales etc do not translate into a full body morph. (p. 155) So how did they do it? How can one recreate a similar operation on say, the opening petals on a flower? It would be possible to open each petal individually, but all together on one dial?

PhilC posted Tue, 30 May 2000 at 8:13 PM

lol bloodsong I,m looking at your tulip now :)

PhilC posted Tue, 30 May 2000 at 8:16 PM

ok that is good... VERY good but it does not answer my question... looks again my that IS good :)

JeffH posted Tue, 30 May 2000 at 10:51 PM

Phil, The grasp dials are coded into poser. If you want to get them to work just copy and paste the parameter from an exisiting CR2 into the proper place in yours. It's so simple it's amazing and worked the first time I tried it with my Astronaut figure. -Jeff H.

bloodsong posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 10:13 AM

heya; well, phil, i didn't want to mess with figures and jps and junk in mine, so i just did morphs. ;) jeff.... well... i suppose that works for hands, but how do you 'tell' it to affect petal1 petal2, etc, instead of lindex1, lmid1.... ya know? plus the flower points in a different direction than a hand. but i guess you gotta poke around and look into the settings in the cr2 and fiddle with 'em. (i think this is a job for the poser technical gurus. :/ )

JeffH posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 10:23 AM

Well, if it's coded into Poser I doubt it will work with anything, but hands. This is the grasp entry: ----------------------------------------------------- handGrasp grasp { name GetStringRes(1028,48) initValue 4.8 hidden 0 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.2 keys { static 0 k 0 4.8 } interpStyleLocked 0 } -------------------------------------------------- As you can see there is nothing much there. -JH.

JeffH posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 10:27 AM

On second thought, it might work if you named the flower parts exactly like a hand (excluding the last two digits of each finger).

bloodsong posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 3:48 PM

hmmm. well, you can see there doesn't seem to be the... well, you know, the part that 'adjusts the jp's while bending/morphing the fingers' part. that's what drives me nuts with poser. thanks jeff! if you try it phil, let us know how it turns out. :)