Forum: Bryce

Subject: Need some help...

Warblade opened this issue on May 05, 2003 ยท 8 posts

Warblade posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:13 PM

I am trying to make that nice soft atmosphereic glow around some plantes,Problem is i cant seem to figure it out and not able to find a tut on it anywhere.If anyone knows this process it would be a big help to me. Thank you. =Warblade=

Roch222 posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:50 PM

Im assuming you mean planets and not plants, here is a picture of a simple planet with a light glow around it ----is this what you are looking to do? if so Ill explain, very EZ

roch222

Warblade posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:57 PM

LOL yes i mean planets..Thanx =)

Roch222 posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 9:15 PM

I dont know If I am clear - let me know how you do, im sure there are a million different ways to get the same effect - but this is the only one I know using just bryce and not a 2D editor

POst your Image OK

roch222

PS Make sure the last Biggest Sphere is surrounding everything including camera

TRIPD posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 5:21 AM

I tried this out for myself. I posted the pic of how mine turned out. any other way to do this and did I do it wrong?

pauljs75 posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 8:17 PM

That looks cool. I'll have to make a mental note about this. :)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Rayraz posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:50 AM

I think you did okay. You can also use a volume texture if you want the atmosphere to add it's color to the planet. Ine realism thing to add though: On the dark side of the planet the sky should be darker and less visible too. To do this keep a low ambient setting and a higher diffusion setting.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TRIPD posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:15 PM

Kool thx I will try that out