Forum: Community Center

Subject: New here

amberlover13 opened this issue on May 08, 2003 ยท 12 posts

amberlover13 posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:24 PM

Hello,

I stumbled across your site yesterday, and I have been enthralled with all the talent here ever since.
I am an artist/sculpter in the "real world" and I am just now beginning to learn the "computer" as another medium for my art.
I hope that by hanging out here some, that I may learn how to translate my talents to the cyberworld.
You are all so good at your art, I can't help but learn something.
Virginia

JeffH posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:15 PM

Heya and welcome.

Real world experience as a sculptor does help in 3D modeling.

Have fun :-)

-Jeff

Crasher posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 10:28 AM

Welcome to the site, then. I'm sure you'll find something or other that tickles your fancy. =)

Bobbie25 posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 11:27 AM

welcome hun if you ever need any thing just ask xoxo

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Incarnadine posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 1:31 PM

check out the works of hyperborea in the Bryce forum regarding art and CG. They are real world sculptors as well!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

ladynimue posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 1:39 PM

Welcome to the Renderosoty Community :) To get familiar with CG software programs: Be sure to check out the Forums and Tutorial Sections - both are great sources of information when you are just getting started into the wonderful [and addicting] world of CG Art. Within the Forums you will meet some great members who will be more than willing to answer any of your questions. Within most forums you will notice "moderator names" - if you cannot get your questions answered from the Forum Members, be sure to click on the Moderator Nick, and we will do our best to help you out as well ;] Most of all have fun! ladynimue

ClintH posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 4:09 PM

Hi Virginia, Welcome to Renderosity. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Spike posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 4:18 PM

Welcome!

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

tuttle posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:07 PM

A sculptor, eh? Cool. A couple of hours ago, I attempted to "sculpt" a door frame and cut the end of my finger off, so respect to anyone who can actually produce shapes using this method. A mate of mine did manage to whittle a lump of tree into a small, lopsided lump that looked like the head of a deformed monkey, but that took him 3 years and it wasn't that impressive when he'd finished. Welcome the the funhouse ;)

luciferino posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 7:51 PM

Welcome Virginia ^_^ kisses Orietta

bye bye ans kisses ^_^

amberlover13 posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 7:03 AM

Oh My, you all are so sweet. I am glad that I found this community. I know that I will definately be taking some of you up on your offer of help with CG. Many thanks for the warm welcome,

lupus posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 7:06 PM

Welcome! I really hope you will try learning "sculpting" in digital-3D, it's amazing! /mattias/