Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Created an Apron but it is a WIP... take a look?

platanum opened this issue on May 18, 2003 ยท 7 posts

platanum posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 6:00 PM

After looking for the style of apron and not finding one this is my first stab at one. Any input would be appreciated.

Gremalkyn posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 6:07 PM

Maybe add some pockets and have the "belt" a different color? Not sure why pockets are on these things, but my mom's apron has two large pockets.

oik976 posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 7:22 PM

Yeah, I agree on the belt...if possible, I'd even try extruding it from the surface of the apron a bit so that it looks like a seperate band of cloth. Looks great thus far, though! If you've got it conforming, you're farther up on the food chain than I am.

Poppi posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 7:32 PM

what did you use to make it? looking good, so far...taper it a bit at the waist, and, pockets would be a good thing.

platanum posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 8:23 PM

I used Wings 3D to make the apron and the touch up was done in PS. The waist is wide due to the clothes underneath, but I agree the clothes does nothing for her figure. The shoulder straps need work, I'll do something about the belt, thanks for the input.

hauksdottir posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 8:53 PM

The skirt part of the apron should be gathered slightly into the belt. This would give more fullness below (so it can cover and protect), yet hint at a waistline. The shoulder straps need to come down a bit. The top doesn't have to be gathered where it tucks into the belt, but it is a nice touch. Apron ties were traditionally quite long so that children would hang on and not get lost. Pockets are almost always in such aprons because they are useful. If worn by a waitress, the pockets contain orderbook, pen, and often creamers, catsup bottle or mustard... the small stuff... leaving the hands free to carry plates and trays. If worn by a seamstress, the pockets will have various notions and maybe the scissors (although they are best worn outside, on their own tie). A gardener's apron might have seed packs, string for tieing up the sweetpeas, pruning shears/flower cutters, If worn around the house... a woman quite often "picks up" as she dusts and the pockets can quickly become full of toys (belonging to kid, cat, or dog), missing socks, pieces of string... just about anything which is too small to warrant a special trip to put away until the room is finished. In Victorian days even little girls of the upper classes wore aprons. They could carry their dollies and their kitties in them. There are aprons without pockets. However, they are often surfaces for decorating with ruffles or whatever. An apron built for utility will have at least 2 nice large pockets. Carolly

platanum posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 7:02 AM

Thanks for the input, funny though how folks are thinking this is for the more "traditional" role for a woman. The intent is actually for a fry cook or even a butchers apron. I appreciate all the comments and will adjust as appropriate. Once the fry cook apron is complete I'll work on the "traditional" style of apron.

Plat