Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Copying model to library?

LonRanger opened this issue on May 19, 2003 ยท 4 posts

LonRanger posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 1:42 AM

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Poser. I have Poser 4 and want to use the Water Dragon which came free with the most recent copy of 3D World. On the resource disc, it says, "Simply copy the model from the Resources/Water Dragon folder on the disc to your Poser character library as normal." I don't know what this means.

I tried copying all the Water Dragon files to the character library (by click/dragging them from the disc folder to the Additional Figures folder which is in the Character folder which is in the Library folder), but when I opened Poser and went into the library, I found the name Water Dragon, but above the name was a picture of a white, bald poser man shrugging, and when I clicked on the image, I was told that "the file has a newer version number than expected. Poser will attempt to read it anyway." I clicked OK and then it said, "Error - Cannot open resource file RuntimegeometriesSixus1DragonWaterDragon.obj"

Then I clicked OK it said I was out of memory, and when I closed this window, the default model in the Poser window disappeared.

What I want to do (if this is do-able) is to open the Water Dragon with all it's texures, etc., in Poser, just like any other character. How do I do this?

Thanks.