Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: looking for a mike tex with veins

estherau opened this issue on May 24, 2003 ยท 12 posts

estherau posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:11 PM

I've noticed some great Mike renders where he has veins on his muscular arms, but I can't find a texture like that anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get this.
Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

aenaous posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 10:22 PM

I'm looking for something like this too,maybee a bump map would do the job...

estherau posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 7:24 AM

There are textures somewhere. I've seen some great renders. I think it's not done with bump maps but I could be wrong. I'm fairly new to poser. Love Esther

shazz501 posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 8:04 AM

you could try checking out the raven textures by Daio in the marketplace http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=2674 this might be what you are looking for,i think i have seen some renders with him and it might be what you are discribing,i hope this helps

raven posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 9:10 AM

There is a vascular map at DAZ for Michael in one of the character packs (Michael 2 Character Pack 1). In fact, I got the character pack myself specifically for the vein map :) Here's a quick render (using it as a displacement map at 0.1) in P5 showing it.

Lawndart posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 3:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Man! That's sweet! I love P5 displacement!

estherau posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 6:59 PM

That looks exactly what I want! I haven't got P5 yet as I have a mac, but maybe it would also look okay in P4. I really like that character too - texture + morphs - how did you get him? Love Esther

raven posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 7:43 AM

Thanks. It's Michael2, the texture is James (goatee version) from PoserStyle, and it's the bodybuilder character from the character pack with the vein map that's available at DAZ that I mentioned in my previous post. The pose is from a set called Mike's power poses that used to be available for free at DAZ. Here's a Pro-Pack render that shows you it in P4's renderer. Enjoy! :)

estherau posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 4:22 AM

Thanks. I thought it was Darius from Daz and nearly went out and bought it. I will look at James. He still looks great even in poser 4. Very very nice! Love Esther PS talking of the body builder mike. Do you use him much. I found I can't get clothes that fit him, and since I've got a mac I can't have tailor.

estherau posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:15 AM

I just went to poserstyle but when I put "james" into their search box, nothing came up for him. Are you sure that's where you got him from? I'm not a member of poserstyle (yet). Love Esther

raven posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:12 AM

It's definately James from Poserstyle :). At Poserstyle, click on the Content-15 link in the Members Section sidebar, and you will see him. Regarding clothing for muscular Mike's, I know they do a morphing clothes pack for Mike at DAZ that contains all the morphs. I have a PC and the Tailor, so I am at an advantage.

estherau posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 6:54 AM

Hi, yes thanks so much. I found him! I have gone and bought the daz character pak to get the bump map of veins. Now the big decision - Darius or James, James or Darius. what do I do???? If I get James I can join poserstyle and get tons of other stuff too. If I get Darius he's so cute and he's got poses and character poses I think. Hmmm. Love Esther