Forum: Bryce

Subject: Castle scene (WIP)

jasonmit opened this issue on May 27, 2003 ยท 11 posts

jasonmit posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 2:20 PM

Here's a new image I'm working on. The water globe was modeled in Bryce, except for the base modeled in the demo version of Rhino. The room and background furniture were laid out in IMSI Floor Plan and imported to Bryce as a .dxf. Any suggestions on improving the image? I'm considering DOF to blur the background. What would be appropriate settings? Also, are there any inexpensive modelers that revolve point curves like Rhino? I love that feature and will miss it when my demo expires.

SAMS3D posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 2:47 PM

This is really amazing...what a great great job...Sharen

jasonmit posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 3:04 PM

Thanks, Sharen.

Incarnadine posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 3:46 PM

The floor tex looks a bit too rough and irregular. Stone floors were usually better dressed. A rough plank floor is more likely on a tower or upper level room. The walls are too thin. Most castles (or fortified houses) had walls that were several feet thick. Even at the upper level it would still be visibly thicker than the frame of your window. I would add some ceiling beams as well and a different texture. I would also see about more items to put into the room. If they had glass they were well off and it was an important room. See comment regarding stone dressing and furnishings. There is potential here and I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Incarnadine posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 3:48 PM

As to DOF blur, I would recommend between .02 and .04. this is usually just noticible and not too intrusive IMO.

jasonmit posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 6:11 PM

Thanks, Incardine. Great suggestions. Now to see if I can implement some of them.

woodhurst posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 7:14 PM

looks great so far, maybe change the sky, cuz its the default bryce sky wichc ius nice, but there are better ones. otherwise incardine said it all, and excellent job!

jasonmit posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 7:17 PM

Thanks. Don't worry ... the world outside the windows will change.

pakled posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 7:18 PM

just don't let anyone put snow in the globe..;) looks promising..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jasonmit posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 7:22 PM

I hate snow. That's why I live in the desert. Actually we sell a globe in Arizona with water and floating snowman accesories. ;-)

Incarnadine posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 6:29 AM

I like that!