Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Music Template for your pics

SothArtist opened this issue on May 31, 2003 ยท 10 posts

SothArtist posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 1:25 PM

I know many people dont like music in galleries but thats not an edict I perosnally agree with. It can add a whole new dimenion. It is not that revolting midi music but proper mp3s hehe. In light of this, I created a tiny flash movie that you can put in your page along with you pic to add much atmosphere. All the components added together only come to 6k. This link has a demo and allows you to get the components needed. http://www.nailbiterdesigngroup.com/posermusic/ If there is enough interest I will develope this further :) I hope you dinf this useful :) Stay safe! Bruce

SothArtist posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 1:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nailbiterdesigngroup.com/posermusic/

sheesh.. I allways forget the URl box down below hehe

Dizzie posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:11 PM

I guess I'm lost because the page didn't do anything but load the image and a player but no music....I didn't see any flash movie...

SothArtist posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:32 PM

Hmmm Thanks Dizzie.. I will have to look into this.. It works for me but that doesn;t ofcourse mean it's working properly. The player is the flash movie btw hehe I designed it to be as un obtrusive as possible. Thanks again!

Dizzie posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:59 PM

ok, I saw the player/flash movie appear...but no music...I read the source and got the name of the mp3 and downloaded it from your site and then when I clicked on posermusic.htm from my desktop, it all worked...and that mp3 is terrific! Love that creepy music! A question though, you don't have to do flash to play an mp3 on a webpage though, correct?

SothArtist posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 9:09 PM

Hehe glad you liked the music Dizzie :) Calpomat makes a lot of music of that calibre! Really good stuff. I don't what the prob is as to why its not working properly.. I will look into it more and hopefully see. Thanks for that! You can play mp3s with the right player such as quick time. I am going to try and develope this so it matches peoples pics though. Rather than just have a little quicktime player. This also allows for urls etc for people who don't know html and so on. Its just an idea for the moment :) One that has problems :(

SothArtist posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 10:05 PM

Hopefully I have figured out what was wrong hehe. I was not allowing enough time for the movie to load and parse the xml file. So if people could try it again and let me know? :) You will prolly have to delete your temp internet files though. Sorry about that!

Lyrra posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 12:19 PM

Due to the structure of this website, embedded music in posts and gallery posts causes disruption to the normal function of the site. Any post with embedded music will be deleted. Thank you for your assistance in making this site a great place to be, Lyrra (moderator)

Dizzie posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 12:25 PM

thanks for your concern but this thread is about embedding music on his webpage. There was/is and was no intention to embed music in the thread.

Lyrra posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 1:25 PM

Dizzie Thats good to know .. we just figured to nip things in the bud before somebody managed to break something by accident :)