Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: Fractal Contests/Music

SkyBlueHope opened this issue on Jun 02, 2003 ยท 6 posts

SkyBlueHope posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 6:56 PM

Hi! First time posting here, so forgive me if this isn't the proper protocol. I was just wondering, how come the only contest on the contests link is a Poser/music contest? I use music with my fractals all of the time, every day, and would be interested in a contest that wants you to express how you feel about music, or a song, but why just Poser images? Unfortunately, I don't have that program, and am not at all familiar with how to use it even if I did, so is there any chance you can or would accept other programs with the music thing? If not this contest, then some other time in the near future? I'm not usually interested in contests, but clicked the contests link out of curiosity for the first time today, and thought it was a really cool idea, but limited because it HAS to be a poser character... sincerely, Regina

RimRunner posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 10:37 PM

Greetings Regina, Alas, this forum doesn't have much to do with contests, though I can see where you might get that impression. Contests are normally held outside of a single forums' control and hosted by R'osity as a whole. While I agree, there seems to be a heavy lean toward the Poser side, but when you understand Renderosity's history, it's not hard to see why. In any case, this subject would get better response from the powers that be in the "Forum News & Team Contact" forum. :) If you like, I can move this message there, or you can re-post the subject there. Other then that, welcome to the Challenge forum. Stop by often, we've had some recent fractal entries in the challenges and I must say that they've all been very impressive and welcomed :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

SkyBlueHope posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 1:16 AM

I've already posted the same suggestion in the "Community Ideas" section, and someone replied and told me to come here, but thanks...:) Sincerely, Reg

RimRunner posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 7:04 AM

hmmm... have you tried to post something like this in the Fractal forum as well? Perhaps they might be able to come up with a contest for you guys/gals. :)

RimRunner posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 7:08 AM

btw: that isn't to say that I wouldn't be happy to host some Fractal Challenges. The basic difference between a challenge and a contest, generally, is the prizes. ;) I'd love to see a few more fractal challenges. There is just a certain beauty in fractals.

SkyBlueHope posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:59 PM

Okay "RimRunner", feel free to move this whereever you think it belongs and may do the most good, and thanks for the suggestions and very nice replies...:) Sincerely, Reg