Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Soon to be free V3 character and texture - need distribution input

FyreSpiryt opened this issue on Jun 09, 2003 ยท 20 posts

FyreSpiryt posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 9:21 PM

This is Rumiko, a character from one of the stories I am (ostensibly) writing. The texture is all my originial work except for the tatoo and brand. The brand is a highly altered one from a free set at (I think) RDNA, the dragon on her back is based off of an antique (late 18th/early 19th century) dragon robe and the blessing bats are from a copyright-free Dover book. The rest is all original. I've put so much work into her that she shouldn't be confined to my harddrive, so I'm going to give her away as a freebie, hopefully later this week. The catch is that the textures are quite large. All together, the zip file will probably be around 15MB. That's not a problem on my end, but I'm not sure about on the user's end. That's quite a download on a dial-up line. If I were to split it up into smaller packages, what would be an acceptable size? The other possibility I can think of is low-res versions of the textures, although I don't think reducing them will do very nice things to the tatoo and brand. Anyway, opinions on the best way to give Rumiko a chance to come out and play?