Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: VX-02 Guardian almost ready for Beta Testing - Testers needed!

Valandar opened this issue on Jun 11, 2003 ยท 22 posts

Valandar posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 7:36 PM

Attached Link: http://valposer.members.easyspace.com/Pistontest.AVI

Yep, the mighty mecha shown above is almost ready for the Beta testing stage. It comes with an optional cannon replacement for the lower arms, as well as MAT poses to make the forearms and hands invisible so the cannon can "replace" them. (Cannon not shown) The link, also above, is to an AVI I did to test how well the pistons worked in relatively extreme torso and neck poses. It's decent, but just a little test. Now, considering I have to have time to map and texture this baby, anyone care to volunteer Beta testing it for me?

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Jenai21 posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 7:52 PM

This looks really nice...I would be willing to beta test for you...I have Poser 4 w/ ProPack...email is Jenai21@yahoo.com

sbertram posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 8:23 PM

I'd be more than happy to help as well. I've got Poser 4 and Poser 5 and three computers to run it on: a 464mhz with 512mb Ram, a 1.4Ghz Athlon with 768mb Ram, and as of Saturday (hopefully) I'll have a P4 2.8Ghz with a gig of Ram to test it on. Just let me know if you need anything. Thanks. Scott sbertram@techemail.com

Valandar posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 9:00 PM

Here's a pic with the lower arm cannon, in a very similar pose...

bknoh posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 11:29 PM

I can do the Win 98 PPP beta. Diane

Valandar posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 7:16 AM

Attached Link: http://valposer.members.easyspace.com/RunBot.AVI

The link above is to a simple run cycle I did in Walk Designer. Cool, eh?

Valandar posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 7:40 AM

Attached Link: http://valposer.members.easyspace.com/BotRun.AVI

oops, should be this

FA-Q posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 7:54 AM

If you need any help testing for P4 pro pack.. Just let me know... faq9000@hotmail.com

Dragonsbld posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 8:36 AM

I'm jump at the change to use this, it looks great, i'd love to assist in anyway possible, Val.. Dragonsbld@hotmail.com (yeah big surprize on my account names)

Llexis posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 9:25 AM

neato

Valandar posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 11:03 AM

Here it is with the CONFORMING missile launcher! Yep it conforms! You can then pose the launcher, itself, pointing where you want it, and the pistons will aoutomatically position themselves to be properly aligned! Now, any more beta test volunteers?

Llexis posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 12:03 PM

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I like these

Moebius87 posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 12:31 PM

Hey, Hey, Hey!!! This really rocks big time, Val!!! Way to go! :o)

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

chemicalbrother posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 1:16 PM

i can do a win2000pro.... poser pro pack test if ye like

Hellmark posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 1:51 PM

I can

OrcaDesignStudios posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

I have Poser5 on WinXP, if you still need someone.

CryptoPooka posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 5:13 PM

Oh. Wow. I'd volunteer (five working systems in the house), but I think you're full up at this point. Can't wait, though. Something new to blow up!

heyDerick posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 6:35 PM

I will volunteer Poser 4/pro DerickFigaro@msn.com

BigRedKane posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 7:48 PM

I'd love to Beta test that....wonder if it'll go well with Aliens Vs Predator stuff...hehe (currenlty converting AVP 2 game characters and scenery to Poser usable formats). I have Poser 4, P-Wizard and Tailor plus many other add-ons and packages. Looks like a good model. If you're interested in me beta testing this for you Val just catch me in the chat room, drop me an IM or e-mail me via the e-mail option on my artist page...thanks and good luck Val, great job...:-)

sargebear posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 8:34 PM

OH MAN thtas a BAD SOB you got there bud,, i LIKE IT!!!!!! i would love to test it for you.. but i have 3 projects i have to complete,, but if you do need a Mac tester,, i'm there for ya.. give Ivy my love sarge

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 12 June 2003 at 9:25 PM

I'd volunteer to test in Poser 5, but I wouldn't be the ideal beta subject ... my copy of Poser 5 actually works most of the time.

pixelfader posted Fri, 13 June 2003 at 4:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

I'd be more than happy to beta test and possibly do a texture set for it if your interested. rudipooimf@hotmail.com