Forum: Community Center

Subject: AAAAAAAHHHHH

TalleyJC opened this issue on Jun 17, 2003 ยท 75 posts

TalleyJC posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:01 PM

Who changed Renderosity?????!!!!!

miyu posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:13 PM

The staff? ;p

Niles posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:13 PM

AAAAAHHHHH! too! New lay out, they are working on it.

herr67 posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:16 PM

The black text on a white background got to go. This is not a piece of paper!

Hanz posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:16 PM

Whoa, what a shocker! I'm sure it'll be great once they've finished the setup... -Hanz

SAMS3D posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:23 PM

I know, my profile is all messed up with the colors, I tried to change just the background and now everything is white...hard to read white on white, only this white for the text is a little whiter and I could barely read this post...can't seem to fix it either, no matter what background color I choose. Sharen

Lyrra posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:32 PM

or they won't work properly while the admins are remodelling

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:32 PM

My eyes! Aghhh, make it stop!!! pokes out eyes with pencil

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Charlie_Tuna posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:33 PM

Look at the note on the top of the forum, right under the logoand you will find out what's going on :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:37 PM

Saw it a while ago, but that doesn't stop my retinae being welded to the back of my head. :)

My Store

My Gallery

rockets posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

Sharon, try changing the text color to something else, like blue.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

EvoShandor posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

lol

Dizzie posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:41 PM

ROTFLLL Sam!

SAMS3D posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:42 PM

Oh my gosh.....ahhhhhhhhhhh....okay, I will try changing the text colors....really LOL...it can't hurt.....Sharen

rockets posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:44 PM

I did the same thing as you Sharon (never could follow directions) with the same results, but was able to change the text color to blue. So now I have a white background, blue text and everyone's name is in bold black. :-)

SAMS3D posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:45 PM

oh yes, much better, but the text is black, I changed it to blue...but at least I can read it.....whewy....scared myself. Sharen

SAMS3D posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:47 PM

ha ha....LOL...why is it we can't take direction very well....see what happens when things change....no we colapse...Sharen

rockets posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:51 PM

I kind of like this blue text on the white background. Wish I could change everyone's name color to red. :-) The galleries look yucky with the background...at least in my opinion.

Spanki posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 3:56 PM

Uhm, how is it that you are getting to the profile page? (the dropdowns are broken)

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Farside posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:03 PM

I think some people need to take a laxative and go lay down for a while :)

richardson posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:05 PM

Good! This will reduce my online time. Eyes fried shut.

rockets posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:06 PM

Maybe they disabled them after Sharon and I messed our pages up. LOL

SnowSultan posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:09 PM

:)

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

ElectricAardvark posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:10 PM

Ick. I hate it. I used a bright color scheme. This scheme is ok...if your planning suicide. I'll say it again...Ick! I want to be able to change that hidious taupe color.

TheWanderer posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:12 PM

Hi Why change the layout? and I hate those dropdowns to select the forum (too close to the go button). Why change the layout tho of one of the best user friendly sites I know? Dave

markdc posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:33 PM

This is hideous!

Penguinisto posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:37 PM

Turn down the fscking lights! (I mean, would it have been too much to use white text on a black background whilst remodeling? my retinas hurt now...) /P

Khai-J-Bach posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:49 PM

I'm blind! ..no.. it's that commadore 64 style logo yuck.... now the site... I'M Blinsdsdsadsadsadsaderrsdjff

EsnRedshirt posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:56 PM

I like the black on white. You can read it easier in normal room lighting. Besides, the black web page is so cliche- everyone does it these days, and the whole campaign that started it is long over.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:57 PM

|o(=====

One word:

YUCK

Please mommy.. make it go away........

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:59 PM

Oh and NO FRIKKIN LEFT MARGIN anymore?! It looks like the letters are about to drop off screen...... Oh man this is so UGLY. and esnredshirt: Black webpages are not cliche. They're READABLE! As opposed to this :o(((((

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

ockham posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:15 PM

BAD! BAD! BAD! BAD! BAD! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! Put it back the way it was! GGGGGGAAAAARRRRRKKKKHHHHHHH!!!!!!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

krimpr posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:21 PM

Lose them pulldowns willya? Nice logo though. Why do I feel like I've been watching a welder without a helmet?

cmjackson posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:23 PM

Sort of like the logo design. BUT I DON'T DO GREY...thats so 1980 something...

Charlie_Tuna posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:23 PM

Go to member profiles an hit the 'old default colors' button and you will be back to white text on black

ockham posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:26 PM

I tried choosing "Old Default Color Scheme" and here's what happened. Highly readable. The pulldowns are the worst part. Formerly I could get back to the main Poser forum from a message with just one mouseclick on the right list. Now it takes 9 separate slippery mouse moves to get there. JUST PUT IT BACK! JUST PUT IT BACK! JUST PUT IT BACK! JUST PUT IT BACK! JUST PUT IT BACK! JUST PUT IT BACK! ISN'T IT BAD ENOUGH THAT EGISYS AND CL ARE TRYING TO LOSE THEIR CUSTOMERS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE? DO YOU HAVE TO JOIN THE TREND?????????????

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SnowSultan posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:27 PM

I'm getting that exact same result Ockham...hmm. Changing the background to a gray makes the text readable, but it's stil a tad on the bright side. :|

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Simderella posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:27 PM

i posted this on another forum here but its seems more relevent in this thread: well thats awful.. love the new graphics HATE, LOATHE and destest the colours... so umm yeah u can change the background to dark, but then u can't see much of the text... I say keep the new graphics but pleeeeeease go back to the old colour scheme.. I and i can imagin others won't come very much.. and i love this site... i feel like its kinda ruined.. :( this has ruined how the art is presented and also how the merchants present there products, it also makes the site look clutterd and very unprofessional!! Sorry to sound mellow dramtic, but well its just it foul.. :( sighs hope something can be sorted everyone i have asked hates the colours... sorry again to be so negative SimderZ xXx **goes to bed, hoping this is all a bad bad awful nightmare

My Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:32 PM

:o( Tried a dark grey for background and a light yellow for text. at least now it's readable, EXCEPT that all read posts now show up in a DARK blue, hardly visible on dark grey background. I like the idea that you can see which posts you've read and I also love the new drop down boxes, but these colours. Even when you TRY to customize them.... sigh At least this will most likely cut down on my online-at-renderosity-time :o(

SnowSultan posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:35 PM

I did get a black background with white text finally, but all the hyperlinks are white now too. Was there ever an option to change link color?...I don't remember. :) Anyway, let's give them a little more time to fix everything up before we all go nuts. SnowS

Simderella posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:37 PM

I only get the option to change background and the main body text nothing else, so it not customisable... BRING BACK THE OLD COLOURS PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

My Gallery

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:44 PM

It's absofeckinglutely horrible. Echoing the same as everyone else... Great logo, dreadful colour scheme. Please, please, pretty please, let us have the old colour scheme back.

My Store

My Gallery

Crescent posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 5:55 PM

Log off, close all browser windows, then log back on. (After opening your browser again.) That will help somewhat with background and links colors not working right. No, the link colors are not customizable. I already asked on that one. Don't apologize about expressing your views on the site. So long as it's (at least somewhat) polite, let us how you feel. Trust me, the comments are not going unnoticed.

Spanki posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:17 PM

Comments: I can live with the new logo/layout/etc if: - Please let us set the link and visited link colors I'm guessing relatively few people will end up leaving the background as such a light color and therefore they will be setting the text color lighter. As implemented currently, this leaves the links the same color as the text (which is ok, but some people may want a different color) but you also end up with a near unreadable dark-purplishy-blue visited link color on a (user selected) dark background. - if possible let us set the menu/border colors I can live with the ugly-dull-mauve color, but would prefer to set my own as it looks pretty bad with the dark-grey background color I've chosen.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Charlie_Tuna posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:26 PM

How about this set up? the background color is #FFCC66

TheWanderer posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:27 PM

Hi Have relogged on and I still cant see the thread I posted Dk blue on grey don't work guys and white backgroud hurts my eyes. PLease ditch those 'cursed' dropdowns just because you can dosen't mean you have to use them. One useful thing that would have been a good idea ws to limit the screen size to the size of the users window while in a forum. have it as big as you like for the gallery but I hate having to scroll from one side of the screen to the other just to read a message. at the moment this site looks like it was designed by our software development people at work I mean in this day and age we are stuck with green text and black screens! Sorry just a bit annoyed with the new layout Dave

Connatic posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:31 PM

Please return the site to the old layout. Pulldowns are too cumbersome. White bg is like staring at airplane landing lights. I have extreme nearsightedness, and avoid white bg - I can see the screen reflecting from my eyeballs, reflecting back off my glasses - it's like those endless reflection bathroom mirrors! I changed the colors on my profile page, but the links colors are now a problem. New logo looks like a spilled toolbox. Maybe that is ok. I never liked the previous one.

Poisen posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:38 PM

hey, this was a good idear. whoever it was should get a raise!

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:51 PM

"hey, this was a good idear. whoever it was should get a raise!" We're building the gallows right now. ;)

My Store

My Gallery

gps posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:54 PM

It doesn't do much for our credibility as an artistic community that we now have one of the ugliest websites on the net. Pass the sunglasses 8) - gps

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:08 PM

"It doesn't do much for our credibility as an artistic community that we now have one of the ugliest websites on the net." Yup. Shite brown everything and an eye burning text section. Yay!

My Store

My Gallery

markdc posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:15 PM

A wise man once told me,"If it ain't broke don't fix it!" I now pass this nugget of wisdom on to you. It will make your life easier.

ladynimue posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:15 PM

This is one OT thread that is Not being Moved ;] ladynimue ;[

gps posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:18 PM

SamTherapy, I think you'll find the exact shade is fecal taupe ;) - gps

Poisen posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:22 PM

this is going to be the biggest thread in the world. :)

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:27 PM

"SamTherapy, I think you'll find the exact shade is fecal taupe ;) - gps" AKA "The discarded diaper". :D

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:31 PM

"This is one OT thread that is Not being Moved ;] ladynimue ;[" Why dat? Because there are similar ones in every forum on the site? :)

My Store

My Gallery

BluesPadawan posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:12 PM

Well, using print screen and then a dropper the hex number for the pink/gray tone is #524745. When blended with with/gray it actually isn't too bad.

EdW posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:30 PM

I think it's really tacky to have to update the info that the PTB deem necessary just to change the color of the text and background. Really tacky way of getting more information about your members. Ed

melanie posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:39 PM

Here's what I've come up with and it seems to work for me, at least until we can change the sidebar color. Melanie

Connatic posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:39 PM

I agree! Maybe they made the site undesirable on purpose, triggering the response to change the colors, pushing us into giving up the info. It took me several tries, as I did not enter the info until prompted. I buy a lot of stuff here - why do they need to know more about me? I may have to change some of my own habits. I hate having info pried out of me.

neurocyber posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:54 PM

:)Hahahahaha... This is fun. :) :)All that's needed now is a paper texture tile background. :) :)

queri posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 9:13 PM

Just remember, the color you pick for your forums is the color for your gallery as well. A medium grey with navy text is fine for the forums but has the effect of the default Poser background on my gallery. Hey, I'm not a fine artist, but I didn't think my work looked that bad. It all looks so eeeew Adult. Like corporate. Emily

hauksdottir posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 9:45 PM

Well, I'm off to change the colors again. Read a thread, change the colors; read a thread, change the colors. It will be an interesting night. I've tried blues and purples hoping to coordinate with the logo, going with greys and taupes now. I refuse to use that bilious green, though. I'm not afraid of color (my Mac screen is purple, my Earthlink home page is peach & rose, my old WIN 3.1 screens were green and orange)... HOWEVER I need the option to change more than just the text box in order to fix this mess.

chohole posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:09 AM

I gave up last night (gmt time) came back this morning and it is still 'orrible. Ye gods the old default colours were better than this. As a designer I tend to tone things to match, so why not choose a scheme that matches the new logo, or is that just too damn professional. OR give us back the option to change everything to suit ourselves. I used to have Renderosity toned to match my personalised windows set up. Now it looks like crap!!! And please not all of us have large monitors, and many have dodgy eyesight, so why at my preferred resolution for working on other things do I have to scroll to see the whole message. Maybe Rendorosity want to cut down the numbers of people surfing this site.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Charlie_Tuna posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:47 AM

Bloody 'ell! lastime I saw this much gripin' was when P5 came out. You see where the little black arrow is sitting? well, hit that button and things will revert to white text on black. If you want custom colors use your fav paint program to get the code of your prefered text and back combo and enter them in the white boxes under the text and background color lines.

illusions posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:05 AM

OMG...and I thought I wanted to tear my own eyes out after seeing naked Kathy Bates step into the hot tub in About Schmidt!!

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

Charlie_Tuna, the point is that a) Newcomers won't know about the option and may run away screaming, never to come back b) Most background colours makes the links look totally unreadable. Granted on your yellow they will be visible, but still yellow is not DARK and will most likely look horrible as a background for a gallery image

kbennett posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 4:25 PM

Charlie_Tuna posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 6:15 PM

ernyoka1, go back up to #45 I did a cap of the top of the forums welcome page that shows some links and the galeries don't look that bad either, in fact it makes the darker ones show up better :-)

melanie posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:09 PM

The box where I type in my reply looks pink. It is just my eyes doing that against these experimental colors, or what? Melanie

Charlie_Tuna posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:40 PM

hmm, I my color set the background replying is a very light ghost grey. could be your monitor is weirding out? try my color setup listed in note #45 and see if you still get a pink reply box

n3k0 posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:53 PM

Hey, how a about a whole new forum for posting different color schemes? :-O ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 12:53 AM

Charlie_Tuna :o) I said that your colour scheme made the links and such look ok (And now you CAN change the colour of the links, WHEEEEE) but the point is still that newcomers WON'T know this and if I send someone to see my gallery they will be stuck with that white background which does NOT make the images look better. We can change it to something readable now, right. The major point is : It shouldn't be NECESSARY to jump thru hoops to be able to SEE a website without sunglasses. Not for oldtimers and CERTAINLY not for new members!

Charlie_Tuna posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 1:50 PM

the background is no longer pure white this pic was grabbed off America Online's web access. This pale grey is the default background color for MSIE