Forum: Bryce

Subject: very stupid question!!!

ebsmooth opened this issue on Jun 19, 2003 ยท 9 posts

ebsmooth posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:20 PM

i apologize now for the stupidness of this question! can someone tell me how to make a thumbnail? told ya it was stupid. as always thanks for the help! eb

BazC posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:29 PM

You'll need some sort of image editing programme, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or similar. Whichever app you use there should be an option to change image size. Reduce it to the size you want, and if it's for the web make the resolution 72dpi and save it as a new file. Use .jpg as the file type and a compression level of 8 should give good quality and small file size. - Baz

ebsmooth posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:33 PM

cool not as hard as i thought. thanks for the help!

jasonmit posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:41 PM

A second possibility is to do a second render of your image using File>Document Size with a document size under 200x200. Then converting to .jpg Catlin says thumbnails done in this way tend to look sharper than shrinking your original rendered image.

ebsmooth posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 6:24 PM

i can see your point. the render time should not be to bad either. thank you both for the advice.

pakled posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 8:11 PM

hey, we all had to ask it at one time..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

catlin_mc posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 9:21 PM

The render time is like in seconds or at most a couple of minutes even with complicated scenes. Catlin

ebsmooth posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 9:31 PM

i've tried both methods and they worked very well. thank you all for the assistance, the help is greatly appreciated!!! eb

Doublecrash posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:09 AM

I have a suggestion for you: if you plan to post your images to other galleries (like Digital Artworks, for example) and don't have your website, it's better to make them 200x150max: I discovered this size fits almost all others' webgalleries requirements. I'm upgrading all my thumbnails for this purpose. Stefano