Forum: Vue

Subject: Moon (and spheres) skewed in vertical view

draklava opened this issue on Jun 20, 2003 ยท 4 posts

draklava posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:21 PM

I'm having a problem where I'm trying to make a vertical view of scene and it is distoring my moon. In the attached image you can see the horizontal view has a nice circular full moon but the vertical view it is skewed.

The moon is in the same place - the only thing that changed is the view (from horizontal to vertical)

I tried using a sphere instead of a planet (moon) and it does the same thing - good sphere horizontal bad sphere vertical.

A second question if anyone knows... I want the moon to be orange/yellow - any ideas on changing the color of the planet (I could put a texture on a sphere but was wondering if there is a way to make the planet a different color)

gebe posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:34 PM

For this kind of views, don't use Vue's moon, but a simple sphere mapped with a high resolution moon jpg. You can find such bitmaps in having a look in our Backroom (free textures, close to the bottom of the lists). Use spotlights to lighten it:-) Guitta

draklava posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:39 PM

Gebe - I tried that but the sphere looks good horizontal and is still diagnol in the vertical view

agiel posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:52 PM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/tutorial.php?id=1

Try playing with camera parameters - focal and field of view. When you make your image vertical, your moon may be distorted because of the geometry of the camera. This link gives you a better explanation - it is for poser but it remains valid for Vue as well.