Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Stylus problem

mlofrano opened this issue on Jun 19, 2000 ยท 4 posts

mlofrano posted Mon, 19 June 2000 at 10:40 PM

Hi, I am having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have a kurta xgt tablet that I am using with most of my graphic apps and it works just fine. The problem is that the stylus options for all of my brushes are grayed out in photoshop, i.e. I can't check-off size, opacity or color. I'm guessing that it dosent recognize the tablet. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do about it? I'd appreciate your opinions and suggestions. Thanks so much

Jim Burton posted Wed, 21 June 2000 at 11:40 AM

I ran into this same problem when I went to PS 5.5 and Win98, I've got an old SD-510C, I guess Wacom is not going to have proper Win 98 drivers, as they didn't when I checked their website. I would guess this is due to Win 98 being more of a 32 bit app than Win 95. Did you look for new drivers?

mlofrano posted Wed, 21 June 2000 at 3:45 PM

As I reflect on it, I think you are absoulutely right. I'm sure Kurta has new drivers but it erks me that I not long ago paid them 35 bucks for updated drives, and now having migrated to win 98, they will want another payment if the drivers have been updated. I think I will live without it till I migrate to win 2000 and then I will either buy a new wacom or hold my nose and swallow hard as I give Kurta another 35 of my scarce dollars. Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Jim.

BazGibb posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 4:47 PM

May I suggest you buy a Wacom Graphire - probably the best 65 I have ever spent.