Forum: Fractals

Subject: New member and introduction

Isir opened this issue on Jun 27, 2003 ยท 9 posts

Isir posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 4:04 AM

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to say hi and to introduce myself since I am new to Renderosity. Isir is the nickname.
My real name is Anne, I am Danish and living in France - mainly working in XD and UF, and I have just started to upload some images to my pages.

Thanks to those who kindly have made me aware that my thumbnails are too small. I will try and find a solution to this asap.
And thank you for viewing and listening :)

Ciao
Anne

firefly posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 5:57 AM

Welcome to renderosity Anne and double welcome to the fractal forum :) Don't ever hesitate to ask questions around here and please, do make yourself at home. The site has a lot to offer including this forum, the gallery, tutorials, contests etc. so I hope you've got a comfy chair to take a really good tour in! Brenda

Jepessen posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 9:19 AM

Welcome to this gallery, Anne. You can ask to me for any questions, and I hope that I'll see early your firsts images!!!

tresamie posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 4:06 PM

Hi Isir, Welcome to the Fractal Gallery! I look forward to seeing your work. Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

paragon5 posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 10:41 PM

Hi Anne. Welcome to the Fractal Gallery. I also had a problem with thumbnails when I first started posting. If you want, I have a nice little thumbnail program I could send you. It's freeware, but it is still good. William

Pannyhb posted Sat, 28 June 2003 at 8:57 AM

Welcome, Anne! It's so great to see you here, dear friend:))). You have been such an inspiration to so many fractal artists, and I am thrilled to see you showcase your beautiful works here at Renderosity! Panny

Rykk posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 6:04 PM

Hi, Anne! Welcome aboard! I make my thumbnails and convert .bmp to .jpeg with Paintshop Pro. It lets you re-size any image in any format. I use it also to re-size huge rendered bitmaps to a size I can view as desktop wallpaper. Another option may be to just re-size your image with Ultrafractal to the size thumbnail you need (typically 200x150 or 200x200 for square ones) and export that as a thumbnail. Rick

mariak posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 11:38 AM

Hello Anne, Great to hear you're here too! I've just started posting here (sometimes I have posting-problems, but I managed to post 2 so far.) Looking forward to seing your great stuff!! MariaK (from Denmark:-))

Longrider posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:55 PM

A litle late,but still, a very warm welcome.