Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: memory help

CobaltDragon opened this issue on Jun 29, 2003 ยท 6 posts

CobaltDragon posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 3:48 AM

poser has lately been telling me i am out of memory I have 500 something megs of ram and a 120gig hard drive. Did something change and I didnt notice it. How do i allocate poser more memory

cooler posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 5:02 AM

next time stop in the chatroom 1st :-)

galactron22 posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 10:00 AM Online Now!

PC or Mac?

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Placebo posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 4:37 PM

That is a quite common Poserprob if youre using pc, heres the official CL note: Poser can't render high resolution images. Error appears "Insufficient disk space to render". After some intense investigation we believe we have a work around. It turns out that Windows NT 4, 2000 and Windows XP must be using some space for the pagefile.sys file on the same partition that Poser is installed, to render large images. The pagefile.sys is the virtual memory or temp space for Windows. An approximate minimum would 10 MB. This amount might have to be increased for more complex scenes and animations. The maximum should be 10 MB or greater. To modify the Virtual Memory: Windows NT 4 = Right Click my computer. Click the performance tab. Click change. Click the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows 2000 = Right click My computer. Select the Advanced tab. Click Performance option. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows XP = Click Start. Right Click My Computer in the menu. Select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Click Settings, next to Performance. Select the advanced tab. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Click the Custom size button. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Poser will now be able to render up to its maximum size of 4090 pixels x 4090 pixels @ any resolution Ive noticed that my computer have more troubles in XP than in 2000 with this, It constantly change the pagingfile

cooler posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 5:30 PM

the answer to the problem was to delelte the world famous corrupted geometry rsr file & it was solved when CobaltDragon stopped in the chatroom & asked me about 4am this morning... hence my earlier comment above :-)

CobaltDragon posted Sun, 29 June 2003 at 11:16 PM

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP AND I REALLY APPRIDIATE IT