Forum: Vue

Subject: Correct calculation of rendertime...

thomaskrahn opened this issue on Jul 03, 2003 ยท 10 posts

thomaskrahn posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:54 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has been angry because of not knowing the excact rendertime (in "Render to screen) because of antialiasing. Therefor, I've created this little formula so you can calculate it :) First of all... Render a thumbnail of the picture. The maximum hight/length must be 200 px. Then : (hight of the fullsizeimage * length of the fullsizeimage) / (hight of thumbnail * length of thumbnail) * Rendertime of thumnail (in seconds to get the accurate result. For example : 4,12 min. = 252 sec) / 60 = Rendertime of fullsize image :) I hope you can understand the formula :) - Thomas

thomaskrahn posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:56 AM

Oh... I've got a little correction :) This is the correct one :) (hight of the fullsizeimage * length of the fullsizeimage) / (hight of thumbnail * length of thumbnail) * Rendertime of thumnail (in seconds to get the accurate result. For example : 4,12 min. = 252 sec) / 60 / 60 = Rendertime of fullsize image in hours :)

wabe posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 11:15 AM

Well, i am not sure. First of all, you must set the braces right. H_FSI * L_FSI -------------------- * RT_TN = Render time H_TN * L_TN The thumbnail rendertime must be over the fraction line. Because of antialiasing is a comparison of pixels (the more pixels you have, the more you have to compare) i think this is a good proximity but not more. I will try to check it with my next images. lol, Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

thomaskrahn posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 12:25 PM

The braces? Well.. okay... This should be it then :) H_FSI * L_FSI ----------------- * RT of TN (in seconds) / 60 / 60 = Rendertime :) H_TN * L_TN H = Hight L = Lenght FSI = Fullsizeimage TN = Thumbnail RT = Rendertime That should be it... :) No more corrections :) - Thomas

ArtJosephNito posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 12:47 PM

ummm, some more.. Height Length :) LOL!

thomaskrahn posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 1:57 PM

woops :)

nick1 posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 4:57 PM

So are we dividing the rendertime twice by 60?

thomaskrahn posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 5:01 PM

Yes... to get the rendertime in house instead of seconds :)

sittingblue posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 5:02 PM

This is a brilliant idea for those long renders that can take a long time.

Charles

Charles

rds posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 2:05 PM

Well now, since Thomas can do the math why then can the program not do the math? I mean software is about math right? Might be a good addition to the next update of the program? Thanks Thomas! Regards, shoop