Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WTF??? whats this place coming to?

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 03, 2003 ยท 186 posts

Blackhearted posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:24 PM

THIS doesnt violate the TOS? [ **link**](http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=20499&ViewImage=2#Image) i had two banner ads pulled.. one because it showed the SILHOUETTE of a woman's back (attached image), it was labelled as 'obscene'. i had a product promo image pulled because it had a render of an UNTEXTURED preteen with white mat settings about 100 pixels tall that looked like a plastic mannequin and was only enclosed to show a size comparison between vicky, the preteen and my Nia character. now im going to exercise some restraint here and not rant about the fact that the all-time hottest selling products at renderosity are morphing labia and female genitalia props (and i even recall seeing a character with a 'morphing anus' - god help me)... and what that says about the average buyer and the state of marketing here. im not commenting on the product, or the creator, at all here. what i am commenting on is that when im browsing through product promos i do not expect to see macro close-ups of female genitalia, nor the illustrated morphs for such genitalia showing the inside of a woman's anatomy or the open, 'stretched' state it would be in were objects inserted. even with the 'nudity' button toggled, this is a bit too much, and belongs in renderotica and not rosity... or in the LEAST in a separate, privately hosted page with a link to it from the product promo with a warning stating the graphical content. everyone here that knows me knows im far from a prude.. but this is just too much even for me... not because of the seemingly irrational and partial application of the TOS when it comes to dealing with 'obscene' content in banner ads, product promos and gallery images (ive seen gallery images get deleted by mods for showing less).. its because i dont want to see this type of thing in the rosity marketplace promos, nor would i want my mom, my kid, or any business contacts seeing something like this in a store that i sell at. racy is one thing.. macro 'money shots' another altogether. what is allowing this going to open the door to?