Forum: Photography

Subject: Nikon Users - Help needed!

zhounder opened this issue on Jul 06, 2003 ยท 5 posts

zhounder posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 10:54 AM

I am looking into the Nikkon dSLR's (D100 vs. D1x) so that I can start the budgeting plan. I currently am using a Nikkon N6006 with two different lenses. The Nikkor AF 35-70mm 1:3.3-4.5 and the Nikkor AF 70-210mm 1:4-5.6. I want to be able to use these lenses with whatever dSLR I end up buying. I bought my setup second hand from a widow who's husband had originally purchased everything which means I can't go back to him to learn anything. I went to Nikon.com to compare cameras and to see what lenses are compatable. They keep mentioning D-type G-type and AF-S lenses. I can't tell what type lenses I have other than the models mentioned above. I really want to save the money on buying new lenses and I want to be able to switch back and forth from film and digital. At the same time I would like there to be as much compatability as possible. I have heard that there are issues with the D1x and some Nikkor lenses but the comparision charts from Nikon aren't that clear for a novice like myself. Any input, suggestions or direction someone can give would be greatly appriciated. Magick Michael