Forum: Bryce

Subject: Need Help on a basic water scene

oscar opened this issue on Jun 28, 2000 ยท 5 posts

oscar posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 6:41 PM

Hey, Im not usually around here much nor have much experience with 3D modelling or animating but have some programs like Poser etc ... Basically I am doing a small image promoting a wrestling PPV called 'Bash at the Beach'. The image only needs to be 150 x 108 in size which is tiny. I just want to give it a theme. I have the actual logo for the event. I want a VERY basic underwater scene with some sand and the off fish and then I can put in the logo. Can anyone help me in which I can get it done in the quickest time possible. Any textures availible or small fish models. ANYTHING. Im really a beginner but am trying hard to get this image done. Thanks for your time, Oscar

lilmikee posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 6:57 PM

If you have Bryce, which I guess you do since you are in this Forum it should be easy. Just select the ground plane and click edit and select waters and you select teh water you want and walla instant ocean. create a terrain and smooth it out and flatten the y scale enlarge so it covers teh bottom portion of your scene and walla instant beach once you apply desert material. If you don't have that then maybe you could do one in photoshop or something. good luck, Lilmikee

bonestructure posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 10:42 PM

Poser should have a fish model in there. For something that small, I would say just use a photo and process in photoshop. Using bryce is like overkill on something like that

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

archlite posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 10:42 PM

Go for one of those reflection pool type water textures in Bryce and move the camera lower so you see most of the water input a mountain erode it apply sand texture shrink it a bit and resize so it appears as a beach and position.

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

bonestructure posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 10:45 PM

Uh, I'm familiar with bash at the beach. Are you doing the image for the federation, or just for yourself? As I said tho, for something that tiny, I would make a drawing in photoshop or PSP using primary colors so you can shrink it down to a gif with not much loss.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.