Forum: Writers

Subject: These are the days: by Dakota McPhee

DARKEDAKOTA opened this issue on Jul 17, 2003 ยท 3 posts

DARKEDAKOTA posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 10:05 PM

These are the days Looking back on the past of me and knowing these are the days of my life. Wondering what for me is next to be. Days full of turmoil,tears, of strife. Wearing your chains, and knowing your hand but never knowing what it is like to be free. To know that trouble is my shadow,emotions running rife. In these the days of my life. A steelplated will, in a fragile heart's shell. Visiting again and again this silent hell. to see my heart's desire, the one who can give me wings, Hanging just beyond my reach, the unattainable golden ring. In these the days of my life. In my darkest of hours, here in the tallest of ivory towers You came to me in dreams, silently to my silken bower. Soothing the aches and easing the pains Returning my soul to the light, as plants reach to the rains. My life begins anew as you hold out a pure white flower. That flower will be the thing I always remember of you and hold the closest in love when I think of you too. And I know that these are the days of my life and come the pain or come the strife, You'll be there at my side and I will always know that these are the days of my life. DAKA McPhee, March 7, 2003 Authors Note: Just when things seem darkest is when the people that truly love you shine the brightest so reach to the light for there is a life beyond the night.