Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dragon Tamer Pic

HomerForPrez opened this issue on Jul 22, 2003 ยท 10 posts

HomerForPrez posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:39 PM

I posted a WIP of this pic probably a year or so ago. I'm finally done with it I think. If you have any suggestions let me know. Took three seperate renderings to create the mobius effect and now I'm rendering at 3500 x 2350 to make it into a print...it's taken a while :)

HomerForPrez posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:41 PM

haha not so you think I've been working on this for a year straight I kinda stopped using bryce while I was in school..so just started back up on it over the summer.

catlin_mc posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:57 PM

Well thank goodness for that.............I thought we had another Bryce addict for a moment. 8) I think it looks very good, the only thing that bugs me is that I think the blue light should be more diffuse. But if, after working on it for a year, you've had enough, then be proud and happy it's done. Cheers Catlin

Slakker posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 7:46 PM

I love how the dragon fades from texture to texture like that. Personally, i'd like to have seen more work done on the background (I'd like to see it in a nice nordic backdrop, big snow covered peaks) But this was your vision, not mine. Great textures and effects.

HomerForPrez posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 7:52 PM

haha thanks yeah I would have kinda liked that too....I have such a hard time making realistic looking landscapes. That's what bryce is suppose to be used for yet I still have such a hard time with it :) haha oh well. I kinda wanted it outside but didn't really think of a snowy scene. That could be very cool. Thanks for the advice and about the blue...somehow I placed a light in the scene and then was gonna use it but where the default start location was was just below my water plane and it created that effect so I decided to leave it. Just thought it looked kinda cool and took away from the completely black background which is the one problem I also saw with this.

catlin_mc posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:06 PM

In that case if you moved the light closer to the water or toned the brightness down it might look better. But just ignore me if I'm being a pain, it's your vision and that's all that matters. 8) Catlin

TheBryster posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:44 PM Forum Moderator

Oh Catlin, you could never be a pain.......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Slakker posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 9:18 PM

Well..there was that time with the whip...

TheBryster posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 6:54 AM Forum Moderator

You're confusing pain with pleasure, Slakker.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SevenOfEleven posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:32 AM

Wizard: You shall be my friend! Dragon: Ummm Wizard: Casts Charm Dragon Be my friend, I have draggie treats! Cool picture.