Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce renders instabile!

Insom_Nia opened this issue on Jul 23, 2003 ยท 15 posts

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:26 AM

Hello, I just upgraded to Win XP SP1 and more RAM. Now I installed my Bryce 5 again and tried my first render... it's a mess! I was used to let Bryce render my pics quietly in the background and fumble around with other things but now immediately when I touch the taskbar or try to minimze the window the render process stops. aaaaaargh Does anybody else have this problem? Any ideas? Thank you!

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:29 AM

...oh I forgot to mention that even the taskbar shortcuts don't react anymore when Bryce is rendering. I read about process priority settings and I changed them but to no avail. HELP please!!!

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:36 AM

...damn, I forgot my stats: P4 2,53 Ghz 256 RAM ca. 50 GB free space

draculaz posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:38 AM

i have winxp sp1 and i render in the background without a single bit of trouble. just reinstall bryce. Drac

stash0404 posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:39 AM

Ive had this promlem. Instead of trying to click onto something else on the taskbar with the mouse do the following: Hold down the ALT key and hit TAB this will move you to the next open application or.. Press and hold the WINDOWS key and hit M this will minimise all the open windows and allow you to choose what to do next. This should allow Bryce to continue along its merry way. Stash ;o)

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:58 AM

Thank you Stash, that seems to work. I just discovered that I even couldn't use the taskbar if Bryce is only open not even rendering! wonders I really would hate to de- and then reinstall...

AnneCHPostma posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:17 AM

You can also press CTRL-ESC to get your taskbar back ...

draculaz posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:25 AM

you don't have to deinstall it for christ's sake... listen, you just did a major upgrade on your puter. you can't expect all apps to work. so it's simple. just pop in the cd and reinstall it. nothing more, nothing less. you don't have to uninstall it first. all yoru stuff will still be there, just that your app will thank you. no more bugs. takes 30 secs to install Drac

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:28 AM

Okay Drac, will do that too...snif

tjohn posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:58 AM

And be sure to run the Bryce 5 upgrade. It fixes some metaball bugs and adds a couple things. Sorry, I don't have the link.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

draculaz posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:44 AM

i hope i wasn't being rude :O

Slakker posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:51 AM

Man...if you create textures, such as for the challenge this month...don't just put them in the plain "User" mat directory...i lost all mine (luckily the important ones are on the objects in my image, but i had some cool-arse textures...) when i re-installed because Bryce was bugging.

Rayraz posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 3:50 PM

If you re-install bryce don't forget to back-up your textures, models, sky's etc you added to the default library. They will get lost if you re-install. (at least that's whaqt happened when I last did a re-install.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Insom_Nia posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 3:59 PM

Will do. Thank you all!!!

Zhann posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:32 PM

Definitely save your mats to another directory...I ,like StarTrek engineers, believe in double redunacy in all my systems, I save to the user folder and also to another directory outside of Bryce altogether, then save to a RW CD as I add more to the mats...saved my ass a couple of times with hours worth of work on models, mats and textures...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...