Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trouble loading Poser 4.02 Update

lilmikee opened this issue on Jul 06, 2000 ยท 5 posts

lilmikee posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 7:32 PM

I just did a manual install of the poser 4.02 update and after installing it and launching it, I noticed that it didn't work properly. My Library tab won't open when I click it. Has anyone else had this problem and can I correct it. Much help would be appreciated. in the meantime I guess I will load my initial 4.0 version back on.

Gorgy posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 9:42 PM

Hello, I'm afraid I cannot help you, but I too have had problems after installing 4.02. My problem involves an inability to render. When I try to render anything, I get a message stating that the textures I selected do not exist (when they do exist), Then parts of the model I'm working with start to disappear. After which the program starts to crash with endless out of memory messages. If anyone knows how to remedy this problem, I'm dying to hear from them. gorfenol@aol.com

LoboUK posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 4:55 AM

You both might have to do a re-install of Poser as it sounds very much like something has beome corrupted (although I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what). I've not heard of either of these problems after the update to 118 You might also try getting in touch with Ghost Effects and Curious Labs to report this - they might be able to give you some idea on how to solve this Paul

lilmikee posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 7:41 AM

Actually I fixed my problem. I was just copying the new files into the appropraie poser program directory folders and letting the system overwrite the existing files. That didn't work. I deleted the old files and placed fresh new ones in poser directories. That seemed to fix the problem. I guess the key was to delete the old ones and install the new ones.

cooler posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 8:05 AM

Glad you solved your problem lilmikee, that one had me stumped too :-) Gorgy it sounds like your main Poser .rsr file is corrupted. That's the same error msg you get when a Geometry rsr has gone bad, but of course thats only for a single figure. To fix it you'll have to reinstall Poser & then repatch it, as Paul suggested.