Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 4 TRIES --STILL NO MIMIC!!! HEELLP!!

artnik opened this issue on Jul 07, 2000 ยท 6 posts

artnik posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 1:14 PM

I have tried unsuccessfully to register w/lipsinc to get a copy of the Mimic eval version. Every time I've tried, they've garbled the registration process. They even sent confirmation to me. When I go there they ask for my registration again. Then they tell me my name and password are taken. I know I'm the one who entered it in the first place! I've e-mailed them twice, no response the second time at all. All this preamble to find out if there's somewhere else the eval version is available. I've tried some places and sites, like xoom and bignosebird,etc., but none of them have it. Can someone here please help? I'm really getting frustrated.

amp-three posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 1:27 PM

it isnt Mimic, but this is certainly a substitute worth a try... http://thirdwish.simplenet.com/magpie.html ..->[ aMP-3 ]<-..

Marque posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 1:38 PM

you need to go back in and either email the support or re-download it. I just re-downloaded it by putting in a different password. It is well worth getting the eval as well as magpie, so you can check them both out. This is on the download page.... If you do not receive email from us within 15 minutes or have problems downloading the file, please send email to support@lipsinc.com They are a good company, they will respond to you and help you out. =) Marque

Marque posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 1:40 PM

If they sent confirmation to you the download address should be on the email. This is what mine looked like. http://lipsinc2.netprovisions.com/cgi-bin/registered_download/registered_download?23 Marque

Nance posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 4:04 PM

Again, not Mimic, but take a look at Underdog's "PoserSync" page. You type in text - it spits out Poser facial poses as a zip file. Poser Sync by Underdog

artnik posted Sat, 08 July 2000 at 1:14 AM

Went to third wish and got Magpie. Checked Underdog, that'll be great when I have some dialog to work with. Best of all, I re-tried lipsinc, and finally DLd Mimic. Thanx one and all, as usual, this forum exceeds my expectations.:D