Forum: Bryce

Subject: Help with Bryce 5 terrain editor

Batsarse opened this issue on Aug 06, 2003 ยท 10 posts

Batsarse posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 5:57 AM

Okay, this is the situation: I'm working on an ambitious project to build my local castle in Bryce 5, as close to stone-by-stone as I can. The best way of creating suitable building stones is in the terrain editor, in the traditional manner, i.e. create a mesh, go onto the editor, delete the mesh and create a new cube mesh, invert it so I can see what I'm doing, and get cutting and trimming until it's suitably "bricky". This is where I hit the problem. Along the top side of the box where the actually cutting and fashioning is done, there's a tiny little strip of mesh that I just can't get rid of. It won't cut and it won't erase and the end result is that I have two meshes side by side - one I need and one that's just in the way. I can create a negative boolean and blank out the unneeded part of the mesh that way, but with several hundred stones in this building that'll end up eating the memory and slowing things right down. I've attached a pic of the problem mesh in rendered form to hopefully clarify the problem. So, two questions: 1 - Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? 2 - What's the best way to fix the problem? Thanks.