Forum: Bryce

Subject: Blur

maga opened this issue on Jul 12, 2000 ยท 4 posts

maga posted Wed, 12 July 2000 at 2:52 AM

Last Sunday a posted a pic titled "greece" I received comments about my bad "Blurring" of background, which I made in Photopaint using Motion Blur. The effect I would have liked to give to the pic was a faint, blurred background with a very nitid foreground, as if taken with a camera (focus on subject, and the rest not detailed). I probably did something wrong, so I would appreciate if somebody could give me some tip to give the right effect to this pic. Thanx as usual.

Zottel1 posted Wed, 12 July 2000 at 12:30 PM

I don't remember your Image, but I have an Idea.I remember a Chapter in the Manual about your problem.Either you choose the Renderoption Render alpha after you have coosen all objects you want to see clear in your finished Image, or you choose render Depht.The first one will come as a b/w and the second will as a Greyscale Image you can use as a Layer in Photopaint. Read your manual for more.I think the Capter is called : Bryce and other Programms. Good Luck.

Hawkfyr posted Wed, 12 July 2000 at 7:59 PM

Hi Maga, I think that is the "Distance Render" option. there is also an altitude render option as well, Good luck. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

ackbar posted Thu, 13 July 2000 at 2:25 PM

If you want a blur in the background like a photograph, you probably don't want to use the motion blur (unless the main object is supposed to be moving). Do like the above people say, but use the Gaussian blur. Ackbar