Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: File Organization

Silke opened this issue on Aug 16, 2003 ยท 7 posts

Silke posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 8:25 AM

Hey guys, I am sort of looking if there is something dedicated to Poser (or 3D models / Textures) that any of you use as a way of keeping track of any downloads? I have a ton of freebies from all over the place, as well as stuff bought from here, and from Daz etc, but they are not sorted in any way, shape, or form. I was thinking of writing a database for it that will let me list the location, type (prop, figure, scene etc), possibly whether it's V2, V3, Steph etc, where it came from, if it was bought, what the item number was (possibly the price), the creator... have a pic of it in there, for easy browsing... Well you get the idea. If there is something like that already, I'd love to know. (My database skill is...... rubbish lol) I'd also love to know what people use to keep track of this stuff. I know there is one where it keeps track of where you installed something from, but that's all very well, but I have stuff I don't immediately install (i.e. the Renderosity Sponsored items) so that's no good for keeping track of those. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I'd also like to know what other people would like in such a database, because if I do write one, and it's any good... I'll make a freebie of it. (Don't hold your breath just yet lol) Might as well have stuff others need in it too, if I end up doing one. Silke

Silke