Forum: Vue

Subject: Terrain Editing: Question on Methods

ChuckEvans opened this issue on Aug 17, 2003 ยท 26 posts

ChuckEvans posted Sun, 17 August 2003 at 12:30 PM

First of all, I've looked through the tutes. Quickly, so I may have missed something. But... I see so many terrains that absolutely look perfect. Like someone used tractors and such to make it fit the scenery props. I've tried using the editor (driling, raising, etc...all those tools) but I don't seem to be able to have the ability to smooth things out where I want them smoothed or raise them up (or lower altitudes) the way I want. To me, it seems like it's hard to relate the terrain in the editor to the terrain seen in the windows. So, are there any tips that I can read about? Do people use PS or PSP to make bitmapped terrains at the altitudes and contours that they want or are they using just the editor? There's no need to spend a lot of time explaining things to me in this thread...but if someone knows of a few URLs where these techniques are explained, I can at LEAST read them for myself. I'm not too lazy to read...but I'm frustrated with trying to edit terrains because I never seem to get what I want. Thanks in advance.