Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: EasyPose Tube 2.0 - Any feedback?

Ajax opened this issue on Aug 20, 2003 ยท 16 posts

Ajax posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 5:42 AM

Has anybody tried out this thing yet? I'm interested in hearing what people think of the new scaling dials that give those weird shapes you can see in the pic. I see 600 download in free stuff, so hopefully somebody has giving it a whirl.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Dale B posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 8:28 AM

Haven't had a chance to sit down and haul out Davo's MadlabII set props yet (or been struck with any real inspiration...yet), but the little bit of test fiddling I did with it definitely has given me the rumblings of ideas. And it seems to work very well in the quickie tests.

Jackson posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for this great freebie! I played with it for a few minutes and got this. The new scaling is nice, much fun to play with. I'm guessing an active imagination can come up with 1001 uses. Any plans on upgrading your tentacles with this? How much for previous owners?

Ajax posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 6:55 AM

Thanks guys. Jackson, I am indeed planning to update my old tentacle pack. I'm hoping to do it before the end of the year, but I have another two products that have to be updated before I get to it and my boss said today that she expects me to be doing a lot of travelling around the country for the rest of the year, same as last year, so we'll see what I get time for between now and 2004. When I do update the tentacles, the main focus will be on providing newer, better meshes and textures. I plan to turn it into a much larger and more extensive pack with a number of different types of tentacles. The update will be free - at least for people who bought the tentacles here at Renderosity. I'll have to negotiate with the other stores to see if they'll support me to distribute updates. I don't have any easy way to contact old customers from the other stores, so unless they agree to use their records to do it for me, I don't have any easy way to distribute the update.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Jackson posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:25 AM

That's great news! And thanks again for this...I'm still playing :)

JFStan posted Wed, 31 December 2003 at 5:50 PM

I have a slight problem with the Tube 2.0, but it may not be the tube itself. I'm trying to make a hose attaching a helmet to a chest box (so that it will move in a realistic manner while staying attached).

I scaled and posed the tube, turned on IK and parented the end to the helmet, and then THIS happened! I can't scale it back into shape, nor will it return to normal if I detach it and zero it out.

This also happened with a tube I made and boned myself, so it may not be EasyPose Tube related, but I was hoping someone would know what's happening here. Thanks!

-=JFStan=-

JFStan posted Wed, 31 December 2003 at 9:12 PM

I found an interim solution to my problem.. I just turned off visibility for the end segment. -=JFStan=-

Ajax posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.free-cartoons.net/t/thundarr_the_barbarian/

Hmmm....I'm not sure what's going on there. Sometimes Poser just does weird things, especially if you have parenting, scaling and IK all happening at the same time. The first thing I would do is check whether there's a curve dial in that segment and set it to zero if there is. Apart from that, I don't know what to suggest :-(

Ajax posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 7:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.free-anime.net/k/kokoro_library/

Arrrgggg. How did that link get in there? This has happened to me a few times recently.

dialyn posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 7:06 AM

Attached Link: Community Forum on unwanted links

You may want to delete the message and repost.

JFStan posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 10:36 AM

No problem about the links.. I think they SHOULD release Thundarr on DVD! :)

-=j=-

PS - No Curve dial on the last segment.

millman posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 11:30 AM

Ajax, download and run AdAware or Spybot. They'll clean it up. Better yet, get both. THink adaware is from http://www.lavasoft.de Adaware wants money to block the spy or hijack proggys, Spybot included "innoculation" as a freebie. Both are freebies, BTW.

Ajax posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.art-5.com/literature/authors/i/issa/

I've run both AdAware and Spybot but neither of them found anything at all. I just re-ran them a few minutes ago with the updated definitions and still nothing is showing up. I'm also suffering from a pop up that keeps trying to sell me anti-popup software (grrrrr). Neither Spybot nor AdAware can fix that either. I don't know if it's related.

millman posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 8:48 PM

Did you try deleting the contents of the temporary internet files? I keep mine set to delete them on exit from internet exploder (IE). But then, i also block Javascript, and only the barest of the html files makes it. In the tools>options>advanced, I also disabled install on demand. It all seems to help somewhat. I should mention though, this computer is only one of seven that I use, and it's sole function is the netbox. The others aren't on line.

Ajax posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 1:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.free-music-1.net/j/rick_james/

Well, I've just deleted pretty much everything from my temporary internet files. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Ajax posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 1:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.free-movies-1.net/m/mean_streets/

I guess that's a no :-(