Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Import real people into poser with new prop

Zarabanda opened this issue on Aug 23, 2003 ยท 6 posts

Zarabanda posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 10:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/thehorrorchannel/maskdownload.html

Version 1 of a new face prop has been completed. It allows you to easily and quickly attach anyone's face to a Poser figure. Currently, this is a .pz3 optimized for P4 using posette. In the future I will make versions for other popular figures, depending on demand. The idea here is lo-res, hi-fun. This is not serious photorealism, just a good time. I designed this so the largest number of people would be able to use this with maximum ease. Yes, there are a number of ways this digital fakery can be achieved, but I felt this was the least time consuming and most rewarding. I hope everyone enjoys this. Any comments, questions, or rendered pics please post here, im me or email at thehorrorchannel@yahoo.com :)

maclean posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 11:41 AM

Thanks ZB, This looks like fun, and an excellent idea. The page seems to be temporarily down though. mac

Zarabanda posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 12:22 PM

geocities is sucky like that...maybe try hitting the link more than once or copying the url and pasting... :)

lesbentley posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 4:58 PM

Well, unfortunatly loading the pz3 crashes my Poser 4. I extracted the "NewProp 1:1" from the pz3 and saved it as a pp2. This thing strikes me as essentially a very good idea. I think the forehead of the prop should be taller and broader.

Zarabanda posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 7:33 PM

excellent pic, les. Im sorry to hear that the scene crashed. My whole poser setup is a bit tweaked, I tried to set up the file so it could be broadly used. The forehead adjustment makes sense, magnets away. :)

quixote posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 9:25 PM

I look forward to trying this. Thanks. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé