Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Someone check this out and let me know what you think.

schnaps opened this issue on Jul 17, 2000 ยท 7 posts

schnaps posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 10:06 PM

Attached Link: http://members.fortunecity.com/schnaps/FLASH/index6.html

SG 3.0 needs something a little more interesting to grab visitors. I thought I would try some Flash. Anyone think this is cool or does it totally suck, how's the speed? Let me know please, I value the opinions here. Have a good one. Schnaps

krbtv posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 10:41 PM

I like the graphics above more than the Flash. I don't like waiting for a flash screen to show. The graphics above will look great on a web page with a white background.

darhorn posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 11:00 PM

it loaded pretty quick, but not sure about flash for an opening page... only because not everyone has flash... even though it is a free plugin... the graphics look pretty cool and I have to agree with krbtv that they would look very nice on a page with a white backround Darrin

Marque posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 11:08 PM

You need to give people a choice to use the flash or not.

martial posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 5:38 AM

I cannot see because Flash .I try install it several times but setup failed,So ,no SG3 for me

arcady posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 12:32 PM

Flash is supported in 93% to 99.9% of the browsers out there (all 4+ browsers and several older ones) as long as you avoid action scripting beyond those parts that were supported in Flash 3. You should still save to Flash 4 however as it compresses better. And split your movie up into several smaller files using load movie. If you use complex action scripts the figure drops to somewhere between 60% to 80% of the web having Flash 4 plugin support.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

schnaps posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 2:48 PM

I am going to take peoples advice and give people the choice to use flash or not. Only the intro will be flash (for now) and the rest of the site should be accessible by everyone. I know that most people can use flash, and it's a free download, so I'm not going to waste an incredible technology. All additional comments are appreciated. Have a good one! Schnaps