Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Texture Mapping

lilmikee opened this issue on Jul 21, 2000 ยท 5 posts

lilmikee posted Fri, 21 July 2000 at 3:11 PM

I have a question on how to create a texture map template for a model. I have uv mapper and can import the models into uv mapper, but once i get them in I don't know how to properly lay out teh template. Do I have to select certain parts of the model and sepeate each part by itself or is there an easy way to layout the template that I am just missing. Help would be appreciated, Template difficient

Quikp51 posted Fri, 21 July 2000 at 4:23 PM

UV Mapper is kinda self expalnatory but here's a link for newbies. http://westwood.fortunecity.com/ghost/294/pbtm/uvmapperbasic.html

Gromit posted Sat, 22 July 2000 at 12:15 AM

UV Mapper is simple enough as long as all the faces of an object will map in some way to primitives like a cube or cylinder. I haven't worked out how you define regions that must be mapped separately, when the faces can't all be seen from the x, y, or z directions or when they are hidden by other faces. I'd like to go to that link above, but unfortunately our firewall has that domain blocked along with many others. Gromit Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

cooler posted Sat, 22 July 2000 at 12:36 AM

Gromit... drop me an email with a return addy & I'll ship the zipfiled tutorial & sample graphics from the site over to you.

bushi posted Sat, 22 July 2000 at 2:42 AM

Gromit - I had this problem when working on the textures for the PocketWatch. I had groups that where layered through the model such as the front and back caps and the front and back faces. I brought the mesh into 'Mapper then set it up so I was looking through the layers. For each set of groups I wanted, I'd select everything else and scale them very small then move them into a corner of the template. I then repeated the process using the same mapping each time till I had several templates, one for each layer. After making the textures, I applied each on to the approperiate layer in Poser. Just make certain you've de-selected 'apply to entire figure' when you apply them. This, of course, doesn't work for all problems of this type but it does help in many instances.