Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Artists!! Whats on your desk?? HeHe

pixelfader opened this issue on Sep 05, 2003 ยท 95 posts

pixelfader posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

Well here's a few shots of my desk because i was bored, show me what you have! lol Can you tell it's a graphic artist/web designers desk? lol

pixelfader posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:19 PM

And a closeup...

pixelfader posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:20 PM

And behind my chair...hehe

SAMS3D posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:30 PM

LOL...I know that my desk has a couple of ashtrays...cold coffee and tons and tons of tutorials that I print all the time...maybe someday I will get a chance to read them. Sharen

dialyn posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:06 PM

Without even looking, I know what's on my desk is a fluffy orange and white cat keeping my computer's mouse warm. I don't know why that's his favorite sleeping place. But it is.

praxis22 posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:17 PM

5 coffee cups, (one holding a "happy Bithday" ballon :) 2 empty coke bottles, some bicuits, a mobile phone, desk fan, many CD's a bag of UTP-serial connectors, many bits of paper and post its, of various dimensions, a dilbert calendar, many kinder surprise toys, todays FT, and an empty leather Dell laptop case :)

Sasha_Maurice posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:26 PM

WoW. Those Steve McQueen collector cars are really COOL.

rathsI posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:30 PM

a rose a camera my lamp and my kids pictures

Sasha_Maurice posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:32 PM

heh, my desk has a box with my credit cards in it and little empty wrappers from nicotine gum all over the place. :)

Dizzie posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:52 PM

I never would have thought it was the desk of a graphic artist....a car fanatic maybe....LOL I wouldn't have thought a graphic would be working on a laptop....I can only do get-by stuff on mine. Guess I'm too used to the desktop...:>) My tiny space....:>)

Dizzie posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:55 PM

Thank goodness it doesn't look like this!

elgyfu posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:01 PM

I have a furby called Wolfie, an Egyptian plate, a skanky brown pot with a face which is full of bits of bears (i used to make miniature teds) and a lot of mess - here is is from the web cam so not to good a pic.

elgyfu posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:04 PM

Blimey, I told you it was a poor pic! Still, my Furby wouldn't want to be recognized in the street!

pixelfader posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:14 PM

Yea my laptop is what i use at work, i use a pair of desktops at home including one dual processor P3 box and one Athlon XP box for my gaming...:)

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:19 PM

No photos, but currently my desk is occupied by:

monitor and speakers
VCR
16 music CDs ("Weird Al" Yankovic, mostly)
VCR remote (yes, I'm lazy enough to use the remote from ten inches away)
a videotape of the animseries Fooley Cooley
A small calico cat sleeping in the slide-out keyboard drawer

JoeyAristophanes posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:19 PM

Three newspapers, a room temperature bottle of Pepsi, a book manuscript, a letter from England, too many bills, and two months' worth of dust.

Spit posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:36 PM

Boxes of all shapes and sizes filled with backup cds, lamp, tower, monitor, keyboard, mice and two mousepads, ashtray, empty coffee cup, little bits of paper with notes, pad and pen, flashlight, dust rag, graphire, cable box, some software boxes, and cat hair.

Cylithera posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:44 PM

I've got a pile of books and stuff beside my keyboard. My mouse, mousepad; Pinhead action figure; Link action figure; Spawn 10th Anniv. figure; tons of Homes; Neo in the Chateau figure; M&M cup full of pencils and pens. And my desk is way too small for any of this stuff. g Hehe. Don't really have a digital camera to take a picture of my desk. ;D Oh yeah. And a cat on my monitor (real one, mind you g)

Cylithera posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:44 PM

Er. Homies, not Homes. -_-

majesticartist posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:51 PM

well alrighty then,here's mine and yes,just dusted it to show in the pic...lol on the left,my scanner,superdisk drive and numerous burnt cd's to be put away,my tower,and on top of that is my cd burner and friend..then we have my monitor n keyboard,on top of monitor is 1 of my speakers and my wireless remote for my cable router thats upstairs...on the right is my other speaker and my printer along with numerous stuffed animals that the kids have given me,my desk lamp and my bottle of water,ashtray and smokes. sorry abot the glare on my monitor.its from my living room window behind me... and we're John Wayne collectors...:) Hey...this is fun! LOL Nancy

pakled posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:55 PM

sorry..I have a picture cam on a short leash, so this is all that fits..;) I had to give up my Poser 4 machine, so I'll have to unload 3 and put 4 on the work machine, if there's a way to get rid of the n$de models

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

compiler posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:05 PM

I hate to leave my keyboard, even for a few seconds... ;)

pixelfader posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:11 PM

One more side to my desk i didn't show...my greg horn art side....enjoy! lol

Tempus Fugit posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brickhousedigital.com

Here's my mess!

Caly posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:27 PM

Below is what my desk used to look like. :D Those were my web graphics design freelance days. My darling Lutino Cockatiel decided to pull the keys out of my G3 laptop. And the 2 kitties teethed on the laptop's powercord. I managed to mostly get the keys back in... and had to buy a new powercord. The laptop doesn't work so well now. *sniff* I used to use Poser on it too! So I use an old G4 desktop... I need a new computer. :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

SAMS3D posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:30 PM

Okay, where is my camera....Sharen

SAMS3D posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:44 PM

here we go....this is a good day...and I like this...Sharen

ChromeTiger posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:05 PM

No pics at present, but working from left to right: My big electronic stuffed Pikachu (PIKA PIKA!) 1 spindle of 'vinyl' CD-R discs (look like 45's) My Evil Ernie psychotic Smiley pin 1 canister liquid butane (to refill my lighter) Space for my pack o' smokes & lighter Sharpies (for labeling CD's) toothbrush (for cleaning my optical trackball) Silicon Graphics 21" monitor tube of Super Glue (never know when you'll need it) 64MB USB pen drive pen for my Wacom Graphire 2 small desk lamp Under the monitor platform: Front pair of speakers (Logitech 5-speaker set, forget the model) docking cradle for my Dell Axim Several empty cans of Vanilla Pepsi Logitech Multimedia keyboard MS Trackball Explorer Continuing to the right: Second Silicon Graphics 21" monitor Network Anywhere Cable/DSL Router & 4-port Switch (top of monitor) Cable Modem Ricoh IS-420 11x17 Flatbed Scanner SummaSketch II Professional Plus CAD tablet (On top of scanner) my currently watching DVD collection (on top of tablet) Tektronix Phaser 740L Color Laser Printer right rear speaker Under the continued section: P4 1.7GHz tower system (my main system) P3 1GHz tower system (File backups and secondary system, good for tailoring clothing items while still posing on main system) Keyboard/mouse for secondary system Wacom Graphire2 tablet APC Network-controlled power distribution center (basically a power strip I can switch the outlets on/off via the network) Silicon Graphics Onyx Deskside Server with InfiniteReality graphics engine Under my primary keyboard/trackball: Subwoofer for speaker setup OneAC Line Conditioner Nova Power Solutions OnGuard rackmount UPS Plextor PlexWriter external 8/2/20 CD Burner That descriptive enough? :-) I'll try to post a pic if I can get one of my digital cameras working... CT

ChromeTiger posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:11 PM

Almost forgot: mounted under the monitor platform with velcro is my 4-port USB Hub, useful for plugging in the Graphire or the pen drive, or one of my digital cameras for downloading pictures...

DCArt posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:14 PM

Some of those desks are entirely too clean .... shame, shame, shame. Personally, mine looks more like #11 there. 8-)

blue2000 posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:41 PM

Tidy at the moment pity bout the quality

mathman posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:43 PM

I have a pet rock, a cup of cold coffee, a sidewinder game controller, a Wacom graphics tablet, all of my Poser backups on CD. Also a pile of textbooks for Poser, Flash, Bryce etc. I used to have a teddy bear, but it/he/she got relegated to the bedroom.

BillyGoat posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:44 PM

Where are all your 'ornaments'? I have wall to wall cubes with doors on top for desktops. A bulletin board with old beatles pix & laurel & hardy. A boom box and Tv... Who's your boss? You need little a little bric-brac (am I old or what?). At least your POD at e-on render framed. Mike has the right idea - his area looks happy. Don't make me send the junk police to your house.

ScottA posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

You mean I'm supposed to use a desk? I command the pixels on my PC from my couch. With my feet up. The 60" T.V. is on my left. The computer monitor is on my right. I build all my models with the mouse (and my backside)rolling around on a couch cushion. Desks!?................................blech! -ScottA

KateTheShrew posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:02 PM

The left half. Where I keep my beverages and coffee cup (that's the blue thing under the chinese take-out menu) and M&M's dispenser (for those late night chocolate attacks)

KateTheShrew posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:04 PM

The right half, where I keep the pencil sharpener, basket full of stuff to be filed that never gets filed and another M&M's dispenser just in case the other one gets empty.

Lyrra posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:16 PM

Well I have no camera ... My desk is a replica console table in black lacquer-work with handpainted pictures and gilt trim. Yes, with a built in keyboard tray. Mostly towers and towers of CD's on the surface next to my 19" monitor, but also my cellphone and my big handblown green glass cup of Coke. Also my cablemode, router, hub and digital switch. On top of the monitor is a stack of unpaid bills wince, a stone herring, a glass banana, a tintype of some ancestor, a red &black leopard print beanie lizard, and an antisuw Indian vase filled with peacock feathers that stands about 5 feet tall. The scanner is lurking to the side on top of one of my two other systems. There are cables everywhere. The wall is plain and white and I have my reference bookcases to either side. Behind me is the rest of my art studio, including painting drawing and sculpting supplies. I also have a fridge...very handy :)

Dave-So posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:18 PM

you guys are all pretty much neat freaks :) wait

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Barryw posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:22 PM

Too much crap!!

Rock_Bottom posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:40 PM

Hey Pixelfader... Very nice Desktop. One question though. Where did you get the little Revel Bullitt cares. Those look real kool. Rock Bottom

davidgibson posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:43 PM Online Now!

Junk, lots and lots!!!!!!!!!

Lunaseas posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:54 PM

Well ok I admit it...I tidied up before the pic.

Dave-So posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:56 PM

well...I cleaned up a bit

hauksdottir posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 9:34 PM

It would be cheating to show you my desk right now. I had to connect a printer from my dead DOS box to this Win98 box... which meant taking the books off the printer so that paper could come out and taking the books and CDs from in front of the printer so that I could move it forward enough to see if there was anything but a SCZI connector back there. So I decided to dust while at it. :) The Mac just got a replacement hard drive (I'm still moving stuff between the one with bad media and the spiffy new drive) so its area is a bit too clean right now as well. There are innumerable beasts and parts of beasts in this room and a fabric of yellow sticky notes holding everything together. References top every flat surface as a rule. Lest you think I'm a neatnik based upon an image of a machine in splendid tidiness, I'll post an image of me working which was acccidently snapped by the little pencam a few weeks ago. I work under watchful eyes... although I'm not sure if the swords at my back are really an aid to productivity! Carolly

igohigh posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:01 PM

No pics here either (folks to the new digicam on the road): Hanging over the desk is a garland string of skulls and bones. On the middle shelf above the monitor is a 1'tall demon sticking his tongue out on one side and an animatronic Reaper who plays his violen so sweet. (they are garding my LOTR CD collection) The shelf on the left has an animatronic Godzilla (new version) and a collection of art books I like to look through (I said "art books" not Playboys OK!). Above that shelf is a shelf with pics of my daughters and grand daughter. The shelf to the right houses a bunch of tech books (Microsoft, UNIX, BSD, Linux, and various program manuals like Poser's). The main desk of course has the 19"monitor and keyboard; to the left is my Lava Lamp (aaaaaah, sooothing) and a life sized Vampire skull oozing goo from it's one still remaining eyeball. To the right is a stack of CD (don't know why, they should go some where but I'm not sure where?) and of course, an ash tray. Lower Left shelf houses "the Box". Middle lower pull out has my Tablet, I really should spend more time with... Right lower is a bunch of printer paper and more techie books...oh, and more darn CDs; now where do these go?! Behind my hangs my hammock and behind that sits Godzilla's room, who has just gone to bed. Blue Skies!

igohigh posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:03 PM

My walls? Well, we won't discuss my walls. Wouldn't want to give everyone nightmares..

Charlie_Tuna posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:04 PM

Carolly, is that Gandalf in the poster behind you?

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

brynna posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:12 PM

No digital camera... drat... Let's see, assorted plates that need taken to the kitchen, a couple of forks, soda cans, two empty glasses that haven't reached the growth stage yet, bills stuffed into odd slots, cable modem and router piled on top of each other because I don't want to budge an inch if anything needs reset, and listing to the right cause when I pulled 'em down to reset 'em the first time they landed on some bills... never mind the assorted crumbs (see plates above) that need shaken out of the keyboard periodically... tower down below with several cd spindles, printer at my feet, surround sound top shelf, etc. Messy enough? :) Brynna

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Sydney_Andrews posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 11:37 PM

Found an old one from last year. What a mess!

rain posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:05 AM

Here's mine. It's a mess too! Maybe this'll shame me in to cleaning it up ;-)

leather-guy posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:09 AM

Reorganized weekly, but never tidy.....

mamba-negra posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:53 AM

man, mines a mess...but perhaps not quite as messy as some.

here is the monitor......gotta file some of that junk away, and through out the rest!

eric

mamba-negra posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:54 AM

Not much of a Weird Al Fan, but I play accordion in a local band (been playing for way too long!).

eric

sandoppe posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:22 AM

Computer's that is. Ok....here's my main "puter room". The room itself is pretty "sparse". I have three pictures on the walls: Two loon paintings and a racoon print. The "desk" pic is my main area....to the right of which is my primary computer, the Pentium IV/XP machine with it's periperals...and "always" C-Span on the T.V. Behind the main computer is the Lap Top on a card table, which subs for a work area and place to pay for all the crap I buy here, at Daz, RDNA, etc., etc. To the right of that is the Pentium III and it's peripherals. That machine runs Windoze 98SE and doesn't get a lot of use. Now....the Pentium II resides in my living room. It runs a dual boot of ME and Linux Mandrake :) The Pentium I is downstairs and still runs Windows 95! It's working it's way to the next yard sale.

elgyfu posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 3:29 AM

Great idea PixelFader - this is more exciting than Big Brother! I am sooooo nosey and it is reasurring that I am not the only one in such shambles. "But darling, I am an artist!" *tosses hair back, swivels and flounces out *

arfarfarf posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:07 AM

I do almost all of my computing sitting in the car on my laptop...

Papu posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:47 AM

Here's mine. Not a pretty sight :D

SAMS3D posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:05 AM

We are all very lucky we have not been electricuted by all our wires hanging out....these are very interesting areas...Sharen

Gini posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:17 AM

Too small to keep much on........notice how you can't see the floor in the pic ? Thats where I keep all the big mess ! Interesting to see and read all these

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 8:10 AM

Hehe this is fun. Here's a pic of my mess...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lisas_Botanicals posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 9:13 AM

... and here's mine. Looks pretty messy but it's actually pretty organized at this point. No, I didn't dust which I desperately need to do. I share this corner of my living room with my hubby and you can see the back of his chair to the right. Yes, those are towers lined up under my desk. Four of them all in various stages of (dis)repair. I use the two towers in the corner to the left. The yukky yellow color to some things is from before we quit smoking (we are about to celebrate six months smoke free!)

You can see a full view of the art on the wall to the right at
http://www.johannas-art.com/commissions1.htm and the one on the left in the corner is one of the canvas prints I had done of my own work back when Renderosity offered prints. Still haven't framed that one.
Lisa

Dave-So posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 9:42 AM

This is just too wild LOL... I've added a nice hot cup of coffee to my desktop this morning :) Forgot the left side...so here it is... now this is near embarressing....

Jim Burton posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:00 AM

Gotta clean up my act, get rid of all those computers... BTW, I hate to tell you guys this, but towers are _designed_ to sit on the floor, they used to make these horizontal kinda cases (you can see one in the pic) for desktop use. ;-)

Helen posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:16 AM

Top part of the picture is Tony's (hubby) We have our own rooms... I am a bit of a neat freak. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

Dave-So posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:21 AM

My room floods..so it has to be high :) I'd love to put that big tower on the floor, but I'm afraid to. Hey Jim..check my other desk LOL

jade_nyc posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:59 AM

Still LMAO@compiler (post #22)! The ultimate computer geek bathroom! lol

Khai-J-Bach posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:37 AM

okies no photos here but.. 2 17" monitors 1 cpu case 2 speakers 1 artpad 1 mouse 1 sidewinder gamevoice controller 1 amplifer for the 4 backspeakers on the other side of the room 1 webcam 1 scanner 1 double CD rack 1 007 Walther P99 capgun 1 cable modem 1 SFS Split 64 function throttle 1 Talon F15 48 function joystick 1 'Topgun' thrustmaster joystick manuals, books, magazines, cd blanks, pens, paper, crisp packets, audio cd's, 2 phones (1 cell 1 landline)... oh as for posters.. 1 set of Hawk Interceptor Blueprints (Space 1999), 2 Suits of Armour, 1 Knight charging (all from the Royal Armouries here in Leeds), 1 Ghost in the Shell... just gotta find a clipmount big enough for my Eagle II special Edition poster...

JVRenderer posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:37 AM

Simple and comfortable. Did I win anything?

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Dave-So posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:52 AM

Nice and clean JV :) What's that little square thing on the right and what's in it ???? I've been looking at those...

swfreeman posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:01 PM

:D

swfreeman posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:04 PM

another one... my drawing board..with my cute lil graphire.. my..uhm...so called computer... behind it my inspiration shelf with lots of mangas,dvds,tapes...and other crap uhm.. yeah..thats it

JVRenderer posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:07 PM

Dave,
That's a Shuttle X box. I bought the barebone at googlegear.com. I put in a DVD/CDRW (samsung has a black one) an AMD 2800+ cpu, a gig of DDR333 mem and 120Gb HD. I love this thing cuz it's got one of those heatpipe cooling system. Even after 3 hrs of rendering (100% CPU usage) it barely gives out any heat. This is much quieter than my previous tower. JV

Shuttle X

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

texboy posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:59 PM

Not many (or any) Mac users represented, so here's one. The 1.2 GHz G4 is to the left; under the banker's lamp is a polartec blanket where my orange cat sleeps while we're rendering! all the best, Paul (texboy)

nawtyangel posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:48 PM

Actually just cleaned up the 'puter room this past week, sooo not as much as usual on my desk. Notice the chair, LOL, once I crawl into it I'm usually there for a while, soooo I went with a big chair for comfort. :)

Barryw posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:54 PM

I use a mac!! Dual 533 with 1.5gigs of ram baby, yeaaa!!! Er, ugh, sorry Austin kicked in there.. Though there is a pc in my picture, and two more behind me not not in the picture. swfreeman looks like he is using a mac by the dock on the bottom of the screen. I'm still trying to talk the CFO (wife) into letting me buy a G5. Note the cool iPod bay I built into the zip drive bay on the front of the tower!

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:55 PM

Hehe Nawtyangel, you and I have the same cablemodem it seems :o) Nice chair, looks comfy :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

praxis22 posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.edventure.com/edventure/esther.cfm

Dizzie, I recognise that picture, Ester Dyson's (Freeman Dyson's daughter) office, a very smart cookie indeed, proof that an untidy desk is sign of an active mind... :) later jb

Caly posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:38 PM

Hey the laptop in my image is a Mac! :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

nawtyangel posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:39 PM

LOL @ TrekkieGrrrl! Can't find the cablemodem in your pic to compare. Will take your word for it. Give me a week to get my 'stuff' piled back around my work area and probably won't be able to find my cablemodem either. ;)

Spit posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:42 PM

I love my cable modem..it's USB and plugged into the front of the tower. Very convenient when t-storms approach. I just reach over (no leaning involved) and unplug. :)

thip posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:49 PM

one monitor one mouse one cable modem two coffee cups two mobile phones (work and personal) three DVD movies (AE Titan, Tomb Raider I, Animatrix) three biscuits one snoring cat named Troll ...and one book - "Goldratt's Theory Of Constraints" which supposedly teaches you to make the most of sparse resources ;o)

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 3:22 PM

Oh but that's coz my modem isn't at my desk. It's on the stairs, visible at the left in my pic, where my linux box also stands and act as a fileserver and firewall - and makes it possible for all our other computers to be online too :o)

Kendra posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:39 PM

I'm pretty much mobile now unless I need the desktop to render something big on. This is my personal space in the back corner of the bedroom. The top drawer of the tv armoir holds most (certainly not all) of my crap, CD's, manuals (when I know where they are), etc. I'm thinking of taking the loft away from the kids and turning it into a proper den/library. :)

...... Kendra

Gini posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:06 PM

Texboy-Whaddya mean 'no macs' ?-thats a Mac laptop back there in no. 59 as well as part of the family iMac showing.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Little_Dragon posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:57 PM

Looks like I have the same cable modem as nawtyangel and ernyoka1 -- mine's a USB SURFboard SB4100.

Charlie_Tuna posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:10 PM

I got a mac too :-) will have pic up once I get it out of the cam and in to the computer

Charlie_Tuna posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:48 PM

Here's my mess :-) Just below the fan you can see the front of my G3/400 and the black tank on the right is a 20oz C02 tank for paintball. On top of the scanner is Nosey, my Firelizard :-)

Charlie_Tuna posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

oops, sorry 'bout it being a bit on the big side

RHaseltine posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 6:38 AM

The large stack of CDs on the left are all Computer Arts cover discs waiting for me to do the tutorials!

rrkknight3 posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 7:47 AM

Monitor, keyboard, graphics tablet, phone, radio, TV, video gear, AV gear, blank CD/DVD's, scanner, printer, robot, Kim Possible book, ahhhhh!

Melory posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 10:24 AM

I could clean it in the morning and by the end of the day it would look like this all over again...so I figure why bother :)

Visit My Blog!

mon1alpha posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 6:14 AM

No pics.. Home.. far too many cds not in cases, A Darth Vader moneybox, a Mr Potato Head, a Beanie Baby crab ('cause my wife says I'm crabby when I'm working with Poser..Moi?!!) A toy motorbike, an origami samurai helmet, pens, ashtrays, a big fat tabby cat..the computer room gets a lot of sun during the day :) Work......oh..my...god...tons of stuff

_Audrey posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 11:58 PM

Dodger's desk (my girlfriend Chrissy on his lap) Current contents: No Chrissy shes in virginia now :( 3 CD Roms Empty packet of Camels Super-sculpey finger madeof super sculpey Half-eaten chocolate bar watch tablet monitor lamp speakers bracelet Dodgers reference notes and printouts pens and penciles cordless mouse laser mouse keyboard glass coke bottle (you can get them from mexico) deodorant stick spork business cards expired Max tickets 2-liter mountain dew bottle 9 soda bottle caps its a very small desk

Dale B posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:41 AM

This is my temporary setup; had to drive from TN to Phoenix AZ to be with my wife's Dad during the last stages of his illnesses (he passed in his sleep early yesterday morning; renal failure from diabetes) The monitor is an extra from her brother; mid tower is my wifes, and the monster next to it is mine. If this thread is still active when we get back home, once I get the stuff reconnected, I'll put up a pic of my =real= workpit (doesn't include the P2 notebook we also have with us)

Mariamus posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 11:01 AM

My desk!! :D I have practically nothing on my desk right now.. I have my darth maul soap-figure.. my two 512 MB HDD's (never use them ^_^) my cordless phone, the cd-box, my coin-box and an empty frame. :) ask me in two weeks, and i'll have 37 pieces of paper, candy wrappings, two plates and 4 glasses, some still containing cola! that's how it is ^_^ and BTW. the wallpaper on my windows desktop.. Max Payne 2 official wallpaper! ^_^